Hey all,
I've found a listing on guntrader.ca that I suspect to be fraudulent.
No money has exchanged hands but contact has been made and all the images are traceable via google to other blogs/sales.
Whats the generally accepted procedure in situations like this?
The Suspect Listing
The e-mail I received read as follows:
"
Hello,
Yes, my Colt Model 1848 Colt Dragoon Revolver is an antique. It is a
nice Colt 3rd Model Dragoon .44 caliber revolver. Scarce 8” barrel.
Late serial number. Gun has some isolated pits but overall this is a
pretty good Dragoon. Gun is all matching, and has even patina. Grips
are very good. Excellent markings and superb cylinder scene. Fine
working order and excellent bore and chambers. Even retains the
original cylinder safety pin which is often smashed or damaged. The
fine original grips retain nearly all the original arsenal oil finish.
Extra crisp overall and a truly superior example of the scarcest of
the Dragoon Models.
It will cost $870 and shipping is $150.
I have pictures attached to this email.
Thank you
R. Silvano"
^ The attached pictures appear to have been taken from the Collectors Firearms website and then poorly modified to remove identifying markers.
I've found a listing on guntrader.ca that I suspect to be fraudulent.
No money has exchanged hands but contact has been made and all the images are traceable via google to other blogs/sales.
Whats the generally accepted procedure in situations like this?
The Suspect Listing
The e-mail I received read as follows:
"
Hello,
Yes, my Colt Model 1848 Colt Dragoon Revolver is an antique. It is a
nice Colt 3rd Model Dragoon .44 caliber revolver. Scarce 8” barrel.
Late serial number. Gun has some isolated pits but overall this is a
pretty good Dragoon. Gun is all matching, and has even patina. Grips
are very good. Excellent markings and superb cylinder scene. Fine
working order and excellent bore and chambers. Even retains the
original cylinder safety pin which is often smashed or damaged. The
fine original grips retain nearly all the original arsenal oil finish.
Extra crisp overall and a truly superior example of the scarcest of
the Dragoon Models.
It will cost $870 and shipping is $150.
I have pictures attached to this email.
Thank you
R. Silvano"
^ The attached pictures appear to have been taken from the Collectors Firearms website and then poorly modified to remove identifying markers.


















































