Hello gentlefolk,
I have two big questions regarding ye olde revolvers today. The first of which would be "is it worth it to buy a gun in moderate shape or nonfunctional state with the intention to repair it?"
I'm sure there's a degree of context sensitivity to that one, so I will get ahead of the matter and ask "supposing that it can make for a useable gun at an economical price, what types of problem guns are worth shopping for?"
And lastly when does one of these repaired guns cease to be an antique? Are there specific parts which, when replaced with a modern variant, nullify the antique status of an otherwise qualified weapon?
I'm sure this latter question has been pursued before but I feel I must ask it out of pertinence for my issue at hand. I'm a fellow on a budget and I'd like to get into the game sooner or later and would like to explore my options and I'm thinking specifically of either a Colt or a Remington at this point, whenever opportunity and funds allow.
I have two big questions regarding ye olde revolvers today. The first of which would be "is it worth it to buy a gun in moderate shape or nonfunctional state with the intention to repair it?"
I'm sure there's a degree of context sensitivity to that one, so I will get ahead of the matter and ask "supposing that it can make for a useable gun at an economical price, what types of problem guns are worth shopping for?"
And lastly when does one of these repaired guns cease to be an antique? Are there specific parts which, when replaced with a modern variant, nullify the antique status of an otherwise qualified weapon?
I'm sure this latter question has been pursued before but I feel I must ask it out of pertinence for my issue at hand. I'm a fellow on a budget and I'd like to get into the game sooner or later and would like to explore my options and I'm thinking specifically of either a Colt or a Remington at this point, whenever opportunity and funds allow.


















































