Acoustic ceiling tile cut and soaked in wax works great for taking up shell space. Many clubs won't let you shoot Black with plastic wads. Also, use FFg or Fg for powder.
I use goex ffg myself, {have also used pyrodex, I believe its a 2f equivalent} works great, much fun, I just punch out cardboard cards with a punch in 12g and 410, how many grains do you load, I typically go 75 for 12g and 35 for 410
I was loading 7/8 oz of BB shot and 40 grains of FFFg... a fair thump but nothing real heavy... Do u just use cardboard between powder and shot as well?
Nitro card, cushion wad , overshot wad , shot, and overshot wadI was loading 7/8 oz of BB shot and 40 grains of FFFg... a fair thump but nothing real heavy... Do u just use cardboard between powder and shot as well?
I was loading 7/8 oz of BB shot and 40 grains of FFFg... a fair thump but nothing real heavy... Do u just use cardboard between powder and shot as well?
I have cut filler wads from cork sheet, then microwaved them with lube. Lube soaks in well.
Rather than using a punch, I make wad cutters in diameters as needed, then cut the wads using the drill press.
I have cut filler wads from cork sheet, then microwaved them with lube. Lube soaks in well.
Rather than using a punch, I make wad cutters in diameters as needed, then cut the wads using the drill press.
...gonna need a buckshot mold...sigh...it never ends
i have often thought about back in the day when i was a kid playing around the railroad tracks and finding those lead balls and collecting them, wish i had that bucketful now, would like to find some round ball ammo to shoot in a 410, 20g or 12g shell with b.p. anyone know of any?
that's a pretty cool idea, how do you make the wad cutters that you can chuck up in the drill press?



























