Could use some help or info on this old girl

The only stamps were the ones I posted. Very faintly underneath there is a couple more, I will try and take another picture and play with the light to show them better. I can make out some numbers under the existing number two, and I think a proof mark I am unfamiliar with under the sold out of service stamp.

f

Hmmmm. I wonder how it got to Canada, and under what circumstances.

Please post pics of all the stamps, no matter how faint they might seem to you.

tac
 
Last edited:
I know it's souless, and I going to get her checked out and try and shoot her once or twice, but if I was to look to sell, what would she be worth? I have a wedding this summer and I may need the funds. I've seen quite a variation of prices and I'm not sure what I'd fairly ask.
 
I had a US purchased 1853 that I sold for $900 to a buddy about 6 months ago. It had been period "put in the white" by the US (the barrel is just coated in dirt actually in the pics below) . Bore was good for the age and the lock was excellent

I bought it from Epps for approximately $1050 all in but decided it did not fit my collection.



 
I found some more markings, will have to post pictures in the morning.

Hmmmm. I wonder how it got to Canada, and under what circumstances.

Please post pics of all the stamps, no matter how faint they might seem to you.

tac


Thanks man. I've seen a few for 1000-1300 and I've been trying to make sense of it.

I had a US purchased 1853 that I sold for $900 to a buddy about 6 months ago. It had been period "put in the white" by the US (the barrel is just coated in dirt actually in the pics below) . Bore was good for the age and the lock was excellent

I bought it from Epps for approximately $1050 all in but decided it did not fit my collection.



 
Hi Blegend,

Your P-53 looks like the standard 2nd model with the barrel bands retained by barrel springs. The arrows facing each other would indicate that the gun was owned by the British government at some point and sold out of service. The number 2 on the stock probably indicated this was a secondary grade gun so might not have been built with interchangeable parts.
 
Right in, thanks!

Hi Blegend,

Your P-53 looks like the standard 2nd model with the barrel bands retained by barrel springs. The arrows facing each other would indicate that the gun was owned by the British government at some point and sold out of service. The number 2 on the stock probably indicated this was a secondary grade gun so might not have been built with interchangeable parts.
 
Back
Top Bottom