Check out the buttstock for a DC in a diamond stamp, showing that it was actually issued in Canada.
tac
No DC stamp I could find. A few subtle stamps, but definatly no diamond DC
Check out the buttstock for a DC in a diamond stamp, showing that it was actually issued in Canada.
tac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNIt8RvGP5M
VERY good short movie of the load and shoot by britishmuzzleloaders...this gentlemen would be VERY interesting to listen to for many hours, I have no doubt.
tac
Rob makes great videos.
fHmmmm. I wonder how it got to Canada, and under what circumstances.
Please post pics of all the stamps, no matter how faint they might seem to you.
tac


Hmmmm. I wonder how it got to Canada, and under what circumstances.
Please post pics of all the stamps, no matter how faint they might seem to you.
tac
I had a US purchased 1853 that I sold for $900 to a buddy about 6 months ago. It had been period "put in the white" by the US (the barrel is just coated in dirt actually in the pics below) . Bore was good for the age and the lock was excellent
I bought it from Epps for approximately $1050 all in but decided it did not fit my collection.
![]()
Hi Blegend,
Your P-53 looks like the standard 2nd model with the barrel bands retained by barrel springs. The arrows facing each other would indicate that the gun was owned by the British government at some point and sold out of service. The number 2 on the stock probably indicated this was a secondary grade gun so might not have been built with interchangeable parts.



























