burnt_servo
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- right in the middle of b.c.
anyone run coated cast bullets through a antique .
1st rule of thumb with a antique is to run very soft cast bullets to prevent wear to the bore and to prevent pressure spikes as a harder bullet is forced to conform to the bore .
by coated I mean either enamel paint , single stage urethane ( as in por15) that uses moisture to harden or powder coat .
doing some initial tests it seems a person can mix graphite with enamel and still have it properly adhere to the bullet .
i'm thinking this will reduce leading and deposits in a rough bore .
it could also mean that I can use the same bullets with the same coating in my rifle at much higher velocities .
1st rule of thumb with a antique is to run very soft cast bullets to prevent wear to the bore and to prevent pressure spikes as a harder bullet is forced to conform to the bore .
by coated I mean either enamel paint , single stage urethane ( as in por15) that uses moisture to harden or powder coat .
doing some initial tests it seems a person can mix graphite with enamel and still have it properly adhere to the bullet .
i'm thinking this will reduce leading and deposits in a rough bore .
it could also mean that I can use the same bullets with the same coating in my rifle at much higher velocities .



















































