- Location
- vancouver island
It's a Tower Bess with LONDON etched on top of breech. First one I've seen marked this way.
how come i DON`T have one?
where you get that?
Keep in mind that war started because the Brits were shangheing Sailors off American ships to fight in their wars with the French. The attack on Canada was actualy a sideshow to retaliate.
Raise a pint to this fact-200 years ago yesterday, 700 Brits,40 Militia and a dozen natives using their Bess Muskets took part in a suicide 2am bayonet attack on 2,200 Yanks, holding the high ground, with 7 cannons. After 1 year, 6,000 Yanks had the Niagara Penn. and 1,000 Brits were about done, chased to Burlingon heights. 2,200 US troops camped at Stoney Creek with 800 more 3 miles away. A desperate attack was made,Billy Green a local acted as a guide, and using the password he, his brother or someone else had obtained, helped these soldiers get close to and eliminate 4 sentries along a 7 mile night patrol,found another 50 sleeping and made prisoner, then onto the US camp. A group of 200 US soldiers, plus 20 cooks were 300 yds ahead from the rest of the US line, when all hell broke loose. These 220 were completely overrun by 425 bayonet charging men of the Brit 49th. The survivors ran for their lines but not until they fired 3-4 volleys, before both getting overwelmed by Bess bayonets to their front and hammered by 6 US cannons to their backs. From here the Brit 49th and 8th, advanced on to bottom of the high ground. After half an hour the battle was about done, the Yanks were winning. A forlorn hope attack was made on the 100 US gunners unarmed of personal weapons, out of the dark by 43 Brits and militiamen. Scrambling for their lives, many were bayoneted, or shot in the head, and their 2 only Generals arrived at the worst possible time, only to become POW's. In 1 hr it was over, Yanks held the south line with 450 men most others ran to the swamps and woods, Brits with about 300 held the rest. By sunrise the Brits retired, with 2 cannons with horses,2 Generals and 123 other prisoners. By noon the Yanks retreated,never to venture so deep again,leaving 38 of their dead along with 23 Brits to be buried by the locals. The net and the US gov. only admit to 19 US dead. Truth is the individual company and battalionCommanders stated that the US Artillery, 5th, 20th,21st,22nd,23rd and 25th Infantry had about 70 dead. ---If I bored you all with this, forgive me, you see I was raised near the battlefield, and my school sat on it's left flank.We weretold by desendants that the creek, swamps and house lots around us had the buried and some never found bodies of dozens of US soldiers. As I look at one of my Bess muskets and bayonet I wonder about that fateful night when Canada was saved yet 99 percent of Canadians don't even know about it. 200 years ago to the hour, I stood there, to say my thanks to the men,their Bess muskets and bayonets that saved Canada.
Well, I don't know if it too many coffee's this morning or what, but I find your statement kind of offensive and one with little thought put behind it. I'll have you know that aside from some silly firearms law (which can be changed for better or worse BTW), Canada and her citizens enjoy more personal freedoms than anywhere on the planet, we have a higher standard of living than most and for a country with a relatively small population have a voice (that is well heeded) globally.
Just because you don't share a political view, does that equate to you believing that anyone who doesn't agree shouldn't be allowed to speak, or vote the above named into office!?
Speaking as someone who's ancestors were on the battle fields in Canada 200 years ago, I can tell you for a fact that they weren't fighting to liberate anything, rather they were fighting to prevent an invader from burning their home's and farms to the ground. After hostilities ceased, these same people fought to remove the "family compact" from political power, both with powder and ball (our little revolution) and more importantly and effectively with their voices and vote.
I would therefore suggest to you that 200 years ago, our farmer ancestors sent a message not only to our cousins to the south but to the world, that this is our land, that we will defend our land, our farms, our wives and children and our way of life. In this we are united and unwavering. It was the beginning of our birth as a nation.
If you don't like the leadership or representatives of the country, get vocal and active...don't slander our good name.
...yea, definitely too many coffee's...rant over.![]()
And for a different perspective...if the result of that battle had turned out different we would all be covered by the "Second Amendment" ....Sigh...and no F#c'n Trudeau !!!
And for a different perspective...if the result of that battle had turned out different we would all be covered by the "Second Amendment" ....Sigh...and no F#c'n Trudeau !!!
Not fond of Mr. Sparkly Socks, but do not wish to be other than Canadian.
If I fookin knew what that was anymore I might fookin agree
As things now stand , I really don’t think we are better off anymore
If I fookin knew what that was anymore I might fookin agree
As things now stand , I really don’t think we are better off anymore
So maybe its time you move down south.
Imagine the entire populations of every US inner city moving here on day one...still think we aren't better off? (although Sparkly Socks is working on that)
Raise a pint to this fact-200 years ago yesterday, 700 Brits,40 Militia and a dozen natives using their Bess Muskets took part in a suicide 2am bayonet attack on 2,200 Yanks, holding the high ground, with 7 cannons. After 1 year, 6,000 Yanks had the Niagara Penn. and 1,000 Brits were about done, chased to Burlingon heights. 2,200 US troops camped at Stoney Creek with 800 more 3 miles away. A desperate attack was made,Billy Green a local acted as a guide, and using the password he, his brother or someone else had obtained, helped these soldiers get close to and eliminate 4 sentries along a 7 mile night patrol,found another 50 sleeping and made prisoner, then onto the US camp. A group of 200 US soldiers, plus 20 cooks were 300 yds ahead from the rest of the US line, when all hell broke loose. These 220 were completely overrun by 425 bayonet charging men of the Brit 49th. The survivors ran for their lines but not until they fired 3-4 volleys, before both getting overwelmed by Bess bayonets to their front and hammered by 6 US cannons to their backs. From here the Brit 49th and 8th, advanced on to bottom of the high ground. After half an hour the battle was about done, the Yanks were winning. A forlorn hope attack was made on the 100 US gunners unarmed of personal weapons, out of the dark by 43 Brits and militiamen. Scrambling for their lives, many were bayoneted, or shot in the head, and their 2 only Generals arrived at the worst possible time, only to become POW's. In 1 hr it was over, Yanks held the south line with 450 men most others ran to the swamps and woods, Brits with about 300 held the rest. By sunrise the Brits retired, with 2 cannons with horses,2 Generals and 123 other prisoners. By noon the Yanks retreated,never to venture so deep again,leaving 38 of their dead along with 23 Brits to be buried by the locals. The net and the US gov. only admit to 19 US dead. Truth is the individual company and battalionCommanders stated that the US Artillery, 5th, 20th,21st,22nd,23rd and 25th Infantry had about 70 dead. ---If I bored you all with this, forgive me, you see I was raised near the battlefield, and my school sat on it's left flank.We weretold by desendants that the creek, swamps and house lots around us had the buried and some never found bodies of dozens of US soldiers. As I look at one of my Bess muskets and bayonet I wonder about that fateful night when Canada was saved yet 99 percent of Canadians don't even know about it. 200 years ago to the hour, I stood there, to say my thanks to the men,their Bess muskets and bayonets that saved Canada.
I consider the 2019 federal election to be our last stand.
Nevermind firearms - we will be in a depression if Libs get in for a second term.
I think we are in one now and just don’t realize it . People have to start seeing the truth for what it is .
And btw folks I would still rather be Canadian if the “specs” wouldn’t have been changed.
It’s kinda like being sold a corvette but the salesman ordering you a chevette.



























