Many years ago when I was young and foolish and competing in BP .I decided I needed a left handed Hawken rifle for the offhand side of things.
Well it turned out that left hand hawken's were other than full custom guns impossible to get. So being a bit short of that kind of cash , no problem I'll just build my own. So after many hours with chisels ,files , drills , sandpaper and sweat I came up wit a pretty good copy of a Hawken. Where I made my mistake was I should have put some temporary sights on it and try it out. But no, I put many hours it to filling out a perfect set of Hawken sights. When it came time to shoot it I found it was shooting to low . I filled off the front sight until if I cut it off any more It would not show up properly . So then I started pouring in more FF until it shot on. I suspect that is what the old boys would do.As I recall 160 grs. of FF worked just fine. I had some good times travelling around to Camrose, Tofield, Hinton ,Edmonton, Athabasca, Saskatoon ,Regina and Moosejaw shooting BP competition. I have tried to sell that rifle but it seems there is no market for a left hand Hawken.