- Location
- WMU203, Alberta (YCT)
My wife mentioned that she wants a muzzle-loader so that she can hunt with me during that season. Her LoP is pretty short, 13" or less, what is out there for rifles that may fit her?
depends on the route you want to go traditional or inline but something with a wood stock can always be cut down
Not sure why an inline would be harder to cut down than any other. Granted I know 0 about inline muzzle loaders, but it seems to me a stock is a stock?
I see an Thompson/Center Impact inline has a 1" removable spacer for a perfect fit they claim. That might get you by.
Reason is that most inline BP rifles have 'composite' stocks that are moulded to size. Cutting an inch or so off the butt might well give you nothing but a very large rifle butt-shaped hole.
Given that I'm probably the person tasked to cleaning, it will be an inline. So cutting down the stock isn't an option.
In my experience, barrel length is a more important factor than action type. I've seen a number of short shooters struggling with traditional long rifles. Loading becomes complicated when the muzzle is above your head.



























