Balls in a paper cartridge would generally be undersized without a patch. You would tear the paper, pour down the powder followed by the naked ball, then pack the cartridge paper on top. You can experiment with flower petal shaped patches soaked in grease and wrapped around and stuck to the ball.
Those rounds look really good. Nice bullets for a first casting session too!
Could you share your process a little more? Are you wetting the paper with just water or something else and do you use a form to create the tapered shape?
I look forward to trying this.
Zig-zag 'whites' come to mind. I've used them to pack rifle loads in the field before.
I'm gonna be doing some of the same, except round balls for a flintlock.
I need to figure out what paper to use and how to line the patch and ball within the paper, as well as how to seal the bore charge properly behind it.
Love the look of the bullets, I need to get a Minie mould soon.



























