I will start bringing surplus ammo across border!!!

I severely doubt you'll be able to do this by the weekend, and I don't think the forms would cover the export of that quantity of ammo.

IBTL
 
OK...well i don't need it by this weekend....(i have some,but alot of friends/people want it!!!) Legal is legal...i need someone who can help me with the proper forms and where i need to get them!!! Thanks.BZ

Before doing all that, you might want to check some US govt websites...that type of ammo may not even be legal for export, regardless of the proper forms.

I know there are a great many embargo's covering a wide variety of ammo, just check google, theres got to be an answer there. Also, it may help to check the legalese forum on this site.
 
you REQUIRE EXPORT permits from the US GOV


permits will take months and will not likely be approved


try it without a export permit and you can face YEARS in jail HUGE$$$ fines and a ban from the us forever.....

its NOT canadian laws you have to worry about while in the us

and YES they do do spot checks on the american side

also you cannot have/purchase ammo in the us as a non resident without a vaild permit
 
If its for commercial purposes you need a lot of licences.

Look at US DEPARTMENT OF STATE then Commerce ....

IF YOU JUST BUY IT AND GET CAUGHT.. EMAIL US FROM the US federal prison. Big Felony.


Buy some running shoes it's safer for your future than thinking about importing ammo .....THIS VENTURE WILL NOT BE COMPLETED BY A FEW PHONE CALLS.

You better check re commercial sale of ammo in Canada.

Do you even have a PAL ???
 
Last edited:
banhammer2ug.jpg
 
A look at the stickies at the top of the page might supply some answers.;)
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71789
:Dhello i was reading today that you are allowed to bring up to 5000 rounds of ammo from USA to Canada. I want to start bringing ammo across the border...seeing as there isn't any here in Canada:cool:(just bought the last case of 7.65x54r from S.F.R.C.) I need someone to help me with information about crossing from the USA into canada with ammo. I know you need so kind of papers(Form 6 N1A.....?)So could someone show me step by step (with website, phone # i have to call?) what i have to do to make this legal:dancingbanana: Thanks...what i really want to do is start taking orders from this website!!!! please help me if you have done this before.P.S. iam going to the U.S.A. this weekend so if can get info before then!!!:p
 
I am absolutely DUMBFOUNDED by this post!

Did you honestly not see the Stickie in this forum with the amazing title of


How to Import Ammo from the US (Legally).

or did you read it and just not like the answers it provided.

I mean honestly folks.............reading is part of posting.
 
There is ammo I would ABSOLUTELY love to bring across the border from the 'States, but I don't want to find out how accurate Cledus T Judd's song "My cellmate thinks I'm ###y" is should I get caught.

Don't do it unless you are absolutely sure.
 
Correct me if I a wrong but once the ammo is in Canada Wouldn't it have to be approved by natural resources for sale in Canada? Isnt marstar and can ammo sitting on some stuff that they are having a hard time getting aproved for sale?
 
MSG.DREW IIRC you are so very right. Plus CFO has to inspect re licence as there is the Ontario Law re retail sales of ammo.

ERD approves all powders and primers for use in Canada . Plus inspects tests all reloaded ammo for commercial use .

A very enthusiastic newbie...that could be someones night pillow in a US prison.

On a different note for msg drew. Thanks for the all the stuff. It was here in 2 days. I'll have to figure out how to add to your good trader rating.
 
ok guys, I'm not trying to highjack this nice mans thread but I have a question which hasn't been answered (or I just can't seem to find the answer) I've combed through this site, the ATF site, US State Dept., and US Dept. of Commerce...still nothing

Can I purchase, say 4,999 rounds in the States for my own personal use (not a business and I'm not trying to sell them) and bring them into Canada?
-As far as the Canadian portion goes (IMPORT) it looks like no permit is required for non-commercial importation of less than 5,000 rounds. Of course the ammo has to be a brand and make which is able to be imported into Canada but there are lists available of approved ammunition so that wouldn't be hard. And, duty and taxes would still have to be paid BUT it *might* still be worth it.
 
Back
Top Bottom