7.62 NATO Ball still hard to find?

1500 rounds (300 X5 boxes) of what I am told is Czech 7.62X51mm Berdan (I'll know 100% for sure tomorrow when I take it out) primed for 64.5c per round ($967.00) plus one pay it forward. (markings are 308W, O O, 82)

If it's Boxer then I guess I'll save more because local reloaders will buy the brass for $2.00 per 20 and sell it back to me for $10.00 per 20 reloaded which makes the reload 50c.

I remember that stuff well. Corrosive. At the time, it was common practice to pull the bullets and re-use the powder. Sold for $100 per K about 17 years ago
 
You guys seem to get "stuck" with a lot of corrosive stuff. It's almost hard to find corrosive ammo here in the states.
 
You guys seem to get "stuck" with a lot of corrosive stuff. It's almost hard to find corrosive ammo here in the states.
2 reasons, ammo "stays" much longer in the market here, and we get surplus X39, which, except for yugo M67, you don't get because of the steel cores. The US has had much more than us, especially in 8mm and X54.
 
Sounds reasonable. Just so you know however, there is plenty of Steel Core in the states. It just hasn't been imported since '94. A lot of shooters have some, but it's their "Break Glass in case of war" ammo I think.
 
The Winchester White Box is basically the same as US Federal prod. It's fine stuff. The majority of US Federal stuff is done by Winchester via contract. White Box .308 rather than 7.62x51 of course, but the truth is, the differences in performance for those kinds of ball ammo is neigh impossible to tell apart unless you're a Ballistics Geek, or shooting out to 800=1000 plus yards consistently. Do you really care if you're bullet is 100ft. per second off when it impacts the target? It's a .30 cal. bullet. It's going to knock down whatever you shoot it at. It gets you where you need to be. It's excellent ammo.
 
Last edited:
Corpus,

Accuracy was really what I meant to ask about. I think you answered my question. Thank you very much. I bought two boxes (20) at $18 this morning. Didn't make it to the range this afternoon (had to turn back when my wife called to tell me I had left with both sets of keys...). Trying to decide if I should get the rest of what the dealer has on the shelf.
 
Good God. 3 years and still looking. That's perserverance for you. I would have given up awhile ago. Maybe with the US pulling it's forces, the price of Ammo will start to go back down.
 
Back
Top Bottom