Thinking some more about webleys with shaved cylinders to accomodate 45 auto.
First - How available are 455 webley cylinders? As I understand it, each make of webley had at least some alterations, so is it possible to swap say... a MK1 and a MK2 or 3? If I had an MK1, I'm assuming the further/later the model from it would be harder and harder to swap.
Basically, reloading 45 auto cases is easy,, but I would like the option of shooting 455 webley without dropping $1000+++ on another gun if one can swap, or modify and swap the cylinder instead.
The same question was asked here, but was soon derailed and not answered. http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-262195.html
First - How available are 455 webley cylinders? As I understand it, each make of webley had at least some alterations, so is it possible to swap say... a MK1 and a MK2 or 3? If I had an MK1, I'm assuming the further/later the model from it would be harder and harder to swap.
Basically, reloading 45 auto cases is easy,, but I would like the option of shooting 455 webley without dropping $1000+++ on another gun if one can swap, or modify and swap the cylinder instead.
The same question was asked here, but was soon derailed and not answered. http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-262195.html
Last edited:


















































