Which antique revolver would you carry in the bush?

If it's treated as a non-restricted when in use, why can't you carry it on you ?? just like you could a shotgun ??

Of course you can Carry it on you on crown land!
Once you get to a place its " Legal to discharge" you can carry it to the spot you intend to target Shoot.

I use a Holster in open view.
Concealed is Ilegal from my understanding.
I would not carry it anywhere but where its legal to discharge tho.
 
I should have quoted Sunray in my post, from reading this thread that is the understanding I got from it, but Sunray seemed to put that in question.

"...No Permits and No Registration to Transpost and NO Trigger lock on Perscribed Antique Handguns..." Right, but it doesn't allow you to carry an antique handgun on your person. Instantly stops being a benign antique if you carry it.
"...exempts it from all the ATT & registry BS..." Just that.
 
7. A handgun manufactured before 1898 that is capable of discharging centre-fire cartridges, other than a handgun designed or adapted to discharge 32 Short Colt, 32 Long Colt, 32 Smith and Wesson, 32 Smith and Wesson Long, 32-20 Winchester, 38 Smith and Wesson, 38 Short Colt, 38 Long Colt, 38-40 Winchester, 44-40 Winchester, or 45 Colt cartridges.


so as i read that a Colt SAA in .25-20 made before 1898 would be considered antique? cuz if so i'll sell both kidneys and a lung. i have seen them around in bisley models, but always post 1900 and therefore prohib(like that makes any sense)
 
so as i read that a Colt SAA in .25-20 made before 1898 would be considered antique? cuz if so i'll sell both kidneys and a lung. i have seen them around in bisley models, but always post 1900 and therefore prohib(like that makes any sense)

Bingo ! Pre. 1898 and not on the caliber list like my SAA in 455
P6050002.jpg
 
I still think My 64 cal Howda would get the job done . If only it was a cartridge instead of muzzel loader
P4010018.jpg

P6230003.jpg
 
Bingo ! Pre. 1898 and not on the caliber list like my SAA in 455

oh crap.well now i am really and truly screwed. one of my favourite small bore small game cartridges, back on the hip when i'm deer hunting, for rabbitsand grouse, and at proper rangewith proper shot placemnet, easily kill a deer, as my grandfather proved many times.(with a rifle in .25-20)
thanks a lot guys, i think my entire collection isgoing up the ee to fund this.



#######s.





:D
 
The most you could do is pest controle with a hand gun in Canada. No hunting with a hand gun in any prov. Hunting Regs. that I have ever seen.
 
although an argument could be made that if an antique firearm is not considered a firearm, then would an antique handgun still be considered a handgun.i know, not worth trying to argue in the courts, but makes for an interesting theory...
 
Hey starpuss,

You could be quite sure if I owned either of those arms they would not be going hunting with me!

The percussion pistol with the tape primer lock and the door still attached with the detachable shoulder stock.......not to mention that dragoon revolver below it , in such fine shape with a stock ....

Between the 2 of them I bet 10 grand would not be out of the question, closer to 20 I imagine:D

I have always wanted to try out the tape primer system, very innovative.

Sorry to hijack the thread bud;)

Aside from that I dont know the legality of hunting with arms of this sort, and if they would be perhaps classed as shoulder arms.....carbines maybe.

Better to err on the side of caution.


would a attached rifle stock make it legal to hunt with. ? or maybe if we make it over 660mm?
pix890457000.jpg

pix174799562.jpg
 
The most you could do is pest controle with a hand gun in Canada. No hunting with a hand gun in any prov. Hunting Regs. that I have ever seen.

PEI's doesn't say anything about handguns. I actually had a talk with the head of the wildlife section about this - he said he couldn't see anything wrong with shooting grouse with shotshells from an antique pistol. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom