Antique handgun
We need a subject to put this to the test.
Volunteers .... ????
Having a loaded antique handgun in a hunting environment is most likely going to be deemed hunting with said gun. I'd run it past my local LEO first.
I was stopped at the famous game check (Hwy 97 - Cache Creek) and was asked if I was going hunting. I was in camos at the time. I was asked to produce my hunting licence and said I didn't have one, and didn't need one to drive on a highway.
The response - "Pull over here, Sir. We're going to confiscate your guns."
The CO and a RCMP type asked where my guns were. I said locked up in the back of the truck.
"Why don't you have a licence?"
" I do", says I, producing my then valid BC Prov. Firearms Licence. "I'll be renewing my hunting licence in Williams Lake like I have for the past several years."
This caused some consternation as they wrestled with the matter, finally letting me go with the admonition to be sure to renew my licence before hunting .....
Don't rely on LEOs having knowledge of the law, wisdom, or common sense.
Most were raised in the post-PET anti-gun era.
We need a subject to put this to the test.
Volunteers .... ????
Having a loaded antique handgun in a hunting environment is most likely going to be deemed hunting with said gun. I'd run it past my local LEO first.
I was stopped at the famous game check (Hwy 97 - Cache Creek) and was asked if I was going hunting. I was in camos at the time. I was asked to produce my hunting licence and said I didn't have one, and didn't need one to drive on a highway.
The response - "Pull over here, Sir. We're going to confiscate your guns."
The CO and a RCMP type asked where my guns were. I said locked up in the back of the truck.
"Why don't you have a licence?"
" I do", says I, producing my then valid BC Prov. Firearms Licence. "I'll be renewing my hunting licence in Williams Lake like I have for the past several years."
This caused some consternation as they wrestled with the matter, finally letting me go with the admonition to be sure to renew my licence before hunting .....
Don't rely on LEOs having knowledge of the law, wisdom, or common sense.
Most were raised in the post-PET anti-gun era.



















































