UpDate Clums 1875 Remy on its way to shooting Again

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
For Thos intrested the Remington 1875 of John P Clums is on its way to being a fine shooting gun again but not altering the frame or barrel instead altering all the orignal parts to suit the firearm.
Shes got the same great action all my 75s have and this one is gona shoot 44 Sp as that orignal cylinder had to be relined anyway and the orignal bore is 44 Caliber.
Heres some pics its not finished but its getting there.
Still needs the loading gate and ejector aged to match.
I have the parts just need more time.
Word from another expert in the USA is its looking to be the real deal going by the type of engraveing theres more people still looking into it.
The Tombstome museum wants to buy it so they know something to.
Im waiting on a bunch of info from Clums past stored at a University in AZ.

Anyway coment away on the restore job so far.
Id rather have a shooting piece of history than a paperweight piece of history :)


P1010023_15.jpg


P1010028_14.jpg


P1010030_14.jpg
 
For me, it would be really something to hear Clum's old sixgun bark once again the first time you fire it. Looks like you're doing an excellent job in getting it rebuilt.
 
Thats a great Series, Deadwood.
I bought the boxed set of DVDs on ebay.
I like the way they talk and swear all the time.
to bad they Canceled that show it was grity.
No doubt the liberals at HBO had there fingers in its demise.
Bullock was one bad tempered meen sob.
Best western TV series in a long long time

and yes that was a 1875 remington he carried.
 
I don't think the series was canceled. It was just intended to end that way I thought.

If you wiki the real Seth Bullock he was a Canadian, a southwest Ontario boy :)
 
The series was cancelled - they even talked about a movie to wrap things up, which, of course, never went into production. Of of the best things on TV in the last 20 years.
 
The series was cancelled - they even talked about a movie to wrap things up, which, of course, never went into production. Of of the best things on TV in the last 20 years.

Thats Right,
in My DVD Set they tell what Hapened HBO Let certin actors outa there contacts and they all went to higher paying jobs because Deadwood put alot of them in a much more sought after actors once they were known more.
Anyway there is talk of a Movie but nothing in stone yet.
That actor who plays bullock makes big bucks now playing a southern Sherif in a series called justifyed.
Its also a great show just more modern time.
 
Well I lost too many precious hours of sleep 'cause they would put two episodes back to back till like midnight and the fr*cken alarm went off at 4.45. Just could not say no to that series.
Dingus, Clums faint whisper has spoken to you, part of his spirit will reincarnate at first discharge. Very skilled job, looks like it should.
Knowing s.f.a. about '75s, is that trigger short?.
 
Dingus I think that gun looks just right! I hope that you will shoot it every now and then, I always loved the Rems over the Colts, they just have style. Would the Arizona museum get to buy the gun back from you to bring it back home? And would you even consider this? I know it would take alot of money for me to part with my early S&W REG MAG, some times money just can't replace that favorite gun!! Another alternative to selling it to them would to put it on temporary loan for a short time exibit, so they could share your great find with Arizonans for a short spell. I sure love the mystery behind these old guns it keeps me always on the lookout for my next great find!! Take care Dale in T-Bay
 
Im gona shoot it for sure and keep it for awhile. I might sell it to the Muesum in Tombstone but not for awhile.
Im still collecting info.
 
Im gona shoot it for sure and keep it for awhile. I might sell it to the Muesum in Tombstone but not for awhile.
Im still collecting info.

In the stead of selling it to them..... You might want to offer a trade for a few busted up no name run of the mill colt 1873's they have access to......


Your completely functional revolver "owned by the sheriff no less" would be a showpiece of their museum...

I can see some of them Yankee's buying it for 7-10 grand after dutifully trying to low ball the Canadian...


We are talking a REAL/FUNCTIONAL iconic piece of American frontier history


Ask yourself------how much would someone pay for one of Jessie James restored revolvers?????

Your revolver restored would be a couple grand less then that...."but not much":D;)

Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom