Cheap .303 brit rounds?????

ROBPECKFORD

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
is there any of these out there? I have been told they are some milsurp ammmo out there, but where it is i have no clue, can anyone help out? the old lee enfield is getting a little too expensive to shoot......
 
Hahahahahahaha! You said cheap milsurp!:D

I'm afraid that the days of cheap milsurp ammo beyond 7.62x39 are long gone. You may find small quantities of milsurp, but it won't be cheap and not enough to shoot for long. The only answer to your question is reloading. You can shoot reduced loads with cast bullets for as cheap as it gets.

Cast bullets from the Bullet Barn are about $25/100 plus shipping, primers are $34/1000, powder varies, I plan on using around 13.0gr of Red Dot (I forget what I paid for my 1lb of Red Dot, but it was around $30) for a cost of around $0.06/round. That totals up to $0.34/round, plus your brass costs.

Ben Hunchak sells great quality cast bullets for less than Bullet Barn if he has what you are looking for. I paid $16/100 plus shipping for 205gr RN .313 bullets with gas checks from him.

Mark
 
There is no more cheap .303 british surplus. I even had a guy at a gun show trying to sell me bad PAK surplus at a premium price, pretending not to know where it was coming from.

For the price of surplus you might as well get fresh commercial from dealers like SFRC.
 
The "cheapest" (and notice how I say that in quotations marks) .303 that you'll manage to get your hands on is what you reload with your own cast bullets.

Or find someone with surplus who has no idea of the value and convince them its basically trash.

Other than that, you might be out of luck.
 
@ the vankleek hill show a few weeks ago a table had a loose box of .303 for.50 cents a round.this table also had a whack of 12 ga.,.410 and .38 s&w blanks among other stuff...
 
So is my listing in the EE off base???????:confused::confused: You guys tell me!!!!! I know anywhere like wally mart, CT or a gun shop it's now close to $1.50/round. I also know that's hunting ammo & mine aint but I did try price it reasonably at $0.80/round. At least it's not some mixed bag of loose stuff.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497066

I have more 303 surplus I haven't listed yet but if I can't get a reasonable price for it I may as well just shoot it:ar15: That or put it back in a cool dry dark corner of the bunker for my son to find someday when I'm gone:D
 
So is my listing in the EE off base???????:confused::confused: You guys tell me!!!!! I know anywhere like wally mart, CT or a gun shop it's now close to $1.50/round. I also know that's hunting ammo & mine aint but I did try price it reasonably at $0.80/round. At least it's not some mixed bag of loose stuff.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497066

I have more 303 surplus I haven't listed yet but if I can't get a reasonable price for it I may as well just shoot it:ar15: That or put it back in a cool dry dark corner of the bunker for my son to find someday when I'm gone:D

If you had ivi at 80 cent I would take all you had. Berdan primed is a little harder to move.
 
I did buy a few of that fellow's .303 at the Vanleek hill show, all sorts of munitions in that bin. I have not fired them yet. He still had plenty left.
 
So is my listing in the EE off base???????:confused::confused: You guys tell me!!!!! I know anywhere like wally mart, CT or a gun shop it's now close to $1.50/round. I also know that's hunting ammo & mine aint but I did try price it reasonably at $0.80/round. At least it's not some mixed bag of loose stuff.

Not all of us are in the GTA for a local pickup. ;)

I love my number 5, I wish I could shoot it more. But I'm in NB and nobody wants to ship ammo.
 
Not all of us are in the GTA for a local pickup. ;)

I love my number 5, I wish I could shoot it more. But I'm in NB and nobody wants to ship ammo.

I hear ya! I'd love to be able to just slap a price on it as $### shipping included. It would probably sell much faster if I was willing to ship but not having much experience with shipping ammo I didn't want to really go there. I suppose I should have worded the ad to read shipping is at buyers expense? Problem is then it's not really such a deal for somebody. Since I estimate probably 25% of Canadian population are within driving distance of Toronto there should still be a decent # of Enfield shooters that could take me up on the offer. Almost makes me wonder if there shouldn't be a sticky somewhere on CGN on "How to ship ammo" to take allot of the questions etc out of it for sellers/buyers (or is there one & I just missed it??) Problem is most couriers don't even know their own rules. Apparently UPS does ships it but our local UPS Store says "no way"! Even when you're right, you're wrong!!!
Not that I'm advocating it but just out of curiosity does anyone happen to know what the penalty is for sending ammo via Canada Post if you get caught? I don't recall ever seeing anything in the papers, news or CGN threads about anyone every being caught/charged/prosecuted for shipping ammo by Canada Post.
 
Am I just crazy or isn't 303 british bullets .311 diameter not .313?

I saw them at the bulletbarn as well and was contemplating buying them, but was pretty sure the proper diameter was supposed to be .311. If i'm wrong or partially right.. I'd love some more info on it..
 
Am I just crazy or isn't 303 british bullets .311 diameter not .313?

I saw them at the bulletbarn as well and was contemplating buying them, but was pretty sure the proper diameter was supposed to be .311. If i'm wrong or partially right.. I'd love some more info on it..

People like cast bullets a little bigger
 
Back
Top Bottom