I'm looking for some help finding out some information.
I have a very cool Colt Frontier six shooter from 1892. It's very beat up and even has a blow out in the cylinder. I have no intention of restoring it as I LOVE the condition it's in.
Anyways, I contacted colt to find out some information on it and of course they went through their records and came up with some cool stuff. However what was interesting was that they found 2 matches for the gun with the same serial.
What could that mean?
As well they told me that mine (after long discussions with them we concluded which one was mine) was a nickel finish, which this thing looks blued as hell, but if I look past the damage I can see a bit of silver shine.
Anyways, my question is - besides Colt where is the best place to look for info? I think I'd also like to track down this guys big brother seeing as they have matching serials. What's the best way of doing that?
*Edit* Pictures added:
Here's a comparison photo between this and my vaquero.
I have a very cool Colt Frontier six shooter from 1892. It's very beat up and even has a blow out in the cylinder. I have no intention of restoring it as I LOVE the condition it's in.
Anyways, I contacted colt to find out some information on it and of course they went through their records and came up with some cool stuff. However what was interesting was that they found 2 matches for the gun with the same serial.
What could that mean?
As well they told me that mine (after long discussions with them we concluded which one was mine) was a nickel finish, which this thing looks blued as hell, but if I look past the damage I can see a bit of silver shine.
Anyways, my question is - besides Colt where is the best place to look for info? I think I'd also like to track down this guys big brother seeing as they have matching serials. What's the best way of doing that?
*Edit* Pictures added:
Here's a comparison photo between this and my vaquero.
Last edited:


















































