Did you scan those in from originals? They're very interesting. Do you own any of the PH Enfield repros?
The funny thing is, the same minnie's that won't quite insert into the PH muzzle (I'm not pushing hard, I don't want it to actually go in and get stuck) will fall right into my Snider Enfield barrel. Same barrel, same calibre I thought? Although there may be a big difference between a new one and 150 year old one obviously.
Interesting point about the progressive rifling...maybe it gets easier once started?
Road King, what mould are you using to cast .570 dia mini balls?......Cantom,
I cast some minnie balls this morning for you. I'll have them at the Sunday show if you want them, no charge, returning the favor.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Road King, what mould are you using to cast .570 dia mini balls?......
Cantom,
I cast some minnie balls this morning for you. I'll have them at the Sunday show if you want them, no charge, returning the favor.
Here's what the minies I'm buying look like. By my next question I'm sure it'll be evident that I don't cast. These are supposed to be cast from the Lyman 575213-OS. Why are mine flat and yours deeply concaved in the base?
![]()
My 3 bander shoots about 6" to the left. As there is no adjustment on neither front and rear sight is there a solution besides "kentucky windage" that can be made that will not devalue it?
Cheers. Steve
The funny thing is, the same minnie's that won't quite insert into the PH muzzle (I'm not pushing hard, I don't want it to actually go in and get stuck) will fall right into my Snider Enfield barrel. Same barrel, same calibre I thought? Although there may be a big difference between a new one and 150 year old one obviously.
Interesting point about the progressive rifling...maybe it gets easier once started?
Are you guys using either a wax or clay plug in the base?
my friend shooting the same piece found that 65 grains fffg gave the exact same result as 75 grains ffg.



























