i got this email from my of my dealer in the usa. do you think this would pass off as a legal antique?
he is going to email me some pic's
i thought 38-200 British was made in the 1920's? but maybe its the old .380cal
update on post #14
he is going to email me some pic's
i thought 38-200 British was made in the 1920's? but maybe its the old .380cal
Hello,
I have a question for you involving another revolver I just picked up. It is a Hopkins & Allen Mfg. Co., top break revolver. The Mfg barrel address dates it to pre 1897. I purchased it thinking it was a 38 S&W. No caliber is marked on the pistol. When I got it home this afternoon I found that both 38 S&W and 38 Short Colt stop short in the chamber, leaving enough cartridge exposed at the back of the cylinder to prevent closing the revolver. 38-200 British however enter the revolver properly and looks right against the muzzle. I know the cylinder is original to the revolver. It is matched by part number to the frame under the grip. If this revolver will fly in Canada, it is a very pretty. It is a nickel finish with a six inch barrel and patented folding hammer spur. The pat date on the spur is Jan 27 85. The finish is original and about 94 to 96 % complete. Mechanically it works very well. The bore has fairly strong rifling with some light marks and pitting. I am deciding if I should list it on Sunday or hold it for a local show next weekend.
Best in life
update on post #14
Last edited:


















































