WTF is this 45ACP single shot pistol

1884 Stable gun:

17.jpg



Here's something else that's pretty similar.. The Stevens single shot pistol:

stevens1.jpg



Anywho, I think that the gun pictured in post 1 is someone's garage project... and that it's best not to bother with it at all, even if it's given for free.

My 2 cents...
 
Boot Gun

Years ago when I lived in San Francisco ,these wre quite common in second hand stores, converted from 450 Adams to 45 acp These were originally sold to guys going to the Klondike as a means of protecting your Gold and being concealable as the NWMP sort of frowned on pistol packing yankees even back then.The converted ones came about during the Vietnam war as there was a high demand for anything concealable.Now that I live in the Yukon these are seen in a number of collections here. When the action is open give the muzzle a sharp rap with a rawhide hammer Inside are Belgian proof marks. Hope this helps. The posts about converted shot guns, not being an antique, I find very misleading. I guess in the age of the internet not having a clue what your talking about still makes you an expert.
 
Years ago when I lived in San Francisco ,these wre quite common in second hand stores, converted from 450 Adams to 45 acp These were originally sold to guys going to the Klondike as a means of protecting your Gold and being concealable as the NWMP sort of frowned on pistol packing yankees even back then.The converted ones came about during the Vietnam war as there was a high demand for anything concealable.Now that I live in the Yukon these are seen in a number of collections here. When the action is open give the muzzle a sharp rap with a rawhide hammer Inside are Belgian proof marks. Hope this helps. The posts about converted shot guns, not being an antique, I find very misleading. I guess in the age of the internet not having a clue what your talking about still makes you an expert.


the barrel he told me cannot be removed unless a pin is punched out.

i am starting to think that this is a old flare gun.
 
the barrel he told me cannot be removed unless a pin is punched out.

i am starting to think that this is a old flare gun.

thats what i figgered back on page one of this thread.
that side button for opening the action is flare gun looking.
sure got alot of intrest on here anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom