I have found and purchased a strange model 92 with to 24" bbl in 44 cal. "NO SERIAL #"
Before anyone says they don't exist and the metal is filed or worn gone or it was restored improperly "the answer is none of the above". It does not have any serial number stamped on the rifle 50 guys have all inspected it and agree, Has not been restored, I believe the owner passed away a few weeks ago and I was able to obtain the rifle, He had purchased this rifle in Hope BC and a Gentleman used it on the trap lines in BC up to the Yukon I was told. the metal was cleaned a bit where the serial # should be last week because the dealer refused to believe it had no serial #.
They finally shrugged there shoulders and called in to do the transfer and got a new one assigned. Any pointers as to the age? Obviously prior to 33. Or maybe someone has seen this before on the 92's????? I know the 94's and just about everyother win model had some serial number skipping but I was told the 92's 'ALL HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER AND IF IT DOESN"T THEN SOMEONE REMOVED IT?" But here I am asking???? If this Rifle could talk??? It's seen some wild stuff in it's day, the lever has a weird curve in the middle which has no impact signs. I know some guys carried them in the old days with index and ring finger on the inside of the leverwith the middle finger on the bottom which with years of carrying on a trap line may some what expain this as well, but the curve looks legit and oddly simetrical with the bend exactly apexing exactly n the middle right down to the mm.
Any comments or help is appreciated. ( no checkering or fancy stuff, thisis the standard model)
Before anyone says they don't exist and the metal is filed or worn gone or it was restored improperly "the answer is none of the above". It does not have any serial number stamped on the rifle 50 guys have all inspected it and agree, Has not been restored, I believe the owner passed away a few weeks ago and I was able to obtain the rifle, He had purchased this rifle in Hope BC and a Gentleman used it on the trap lines in BC up to the Yukon I was told. the metal was cleaned a bit where the serial # should be last week because the dealer refused to believe it had no serial #.
They finally shrugged there shoulders and called in to do the transfer and got a new one assigned. Any pointers as to the age? Obviously prior to 33. Or maybe someone has seen this before on the 92's????? I know the 94's and just about everyother win model had some serial number skipping but I was told the 92's 'ALL HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER AND IF IT DOESN"T THEN SOMEONE REMOVED IT?" But here I am asking???? If this Rifle could talk??? It's seen some wild stuff in it's day, the lever has a weird curve in the middle which has no impact signs. I know some guys carried them in the old days with index and ring finger on the inside of the leverwith the middle finger on the bottom which with years of carrying on a trap line may some what expain this as well, but the curve looks legit and oddly simetrical with the bend exactly apexing exactly n the middle right down to the mm.
Any comments or help is appreciated. ( no checkering or fancy stuff, thisis the standard model)


















































