Help with value of collector ammo?

pc9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
664   0   1
Location
OKANAGAN
I aquired this full box of 22 short ammo.
Looking to find out what its worth so i can put a appropriate price on it.
Thanks...
IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg
 
I remember that stuff well...and the yellow plastic trays they were packed in. No real value I would think as there was loads of that ammo sold and plenty still around. thanks for sharing!
 
from my opinion, as a collector, id say that you should probably hold on to those for another 50 years if you want any good value for em. i just paid alot of money for some old rimfire stuff. you are correct when you say that collector stuff brings money, but these are not collector items yet. 22 short is still being mfgd therefore less sought after. hope this helps. by the way this is in really nice shape, nice find.
 
from my opinion, as a collector, id say that you should probably hold on to those for another 50 years if you want any good value for em. i just paid alot of money for some old rimfire stuff. you are correct when you say that collector stuff brings money, but these are not collector items yet. 22 short is still being mfgd therefore less sought after. hope this helps. by the way this is in really nice shape, nice find.

Well looks like i will hold onto for awhile then:)
Thanks guys for all the responses:cheers:
 
imperial ammo may have been alright to shoot but the brass belongs in the scrap bucket as it is not fit to reload.
 
imperial ammo may have been alright to shoot but the brass belongs in the scrap bucket as it is not fit to reload.

I've heard that said dozens of times ,but strangely have never found it to be true.
I'm still loading the occasional small batch of 1970's vintage .308,300 WM .270,30-30 and .303 British and have not had a single case failure.
(the odd split neck on .303 stuff)

The 180 and 150 grain Sabre Tips in 30 caliber might not have been the most reliable bullets ever made but the brass is at least as good as Winchester bulk brass being sold today.

I've even gone so far as to load up a batch of .257 Roberts with the Dominion headstamp.
Not super hot loads but no problem through the old Remington 722.
 
imperial ammo may have been alright to shoot but the brass belongs in the scrap bucket as it is not fit to reload.

They don't call their Shotgun shells Purple people eaters for nothing. The brass tends to split when you fire it in a repeater. Out of about 3000 rounds I fired this year had about 15 splits with gases escaping.
 
If you want to sell it send me a PM, Iam always looking for large quantities of 22 shorts, Especially ones my dad will remember shooting in his first rifle
 
I picked up a couple boxes of the 'Super clean' and 'Whiz-bang' variety a while ago, as well as the semi-old Imperial Dominion stuff- neat stuff, I was going to just shoot it, but decided to keep it as a reminder that once upon a time CIL manufactured ammo, and now they mix paint.
 
I think it's neat that you still have the larger carton. Some might want your stuff for conversational purposes......
 
Back
Top Bottom