So, used more 9mm than usual recently, and started looking for lower cost options to restock.
Don't have the space or time to dabble in reloading at the moment, so looked as some of the 'commercial stuff', NOT handloads that someone's doing on the side.
I can get Winchester white box for less than $27 for 100; and the remanufactured stuff seems to go for about that or more.
So, what's the point? Is it that the factory reloads are putting more money into consistent powder or better primers or...? Does it make more sense for calilbers other than 9mm?
Way I see it, buying new commercial, I pay about the same AND have once fired brass to eventually do something with.
Don't have the space or time to dabble in reloading at the moment, so looked as some of the 'commercial stuff', NOT handloads that someone's doing on the side.
I can get Winchester white box for less than $27 for 100; and the remanufactured stuff seems to go for about that or more.
So, what's the point? Is it that the factory reloads are putting more money into consistent powder or better primers or...? Does it make more sense for calilbers other than 9mm?
Way I see it, buying new commercial, I pay about the same AND have once fired brass to eventually do something with.


















































