Webley topic gone south...

Antiques are just as collectible in the US as here. The pre-1899 designation affords them many of the same advantages we see up here.

I believe some of the states are more anal than others but I ain't no expert on US gun laws
 
Theres a MKI webley on GB right now with 13 days left in the auction and its cut for 45 ACP its already over $1000 and thats hard bids not some asking price.

Webleys are going up in price everywhere the days of $500 webleys are long gone.
They are becomeing very hard to find and they aint makeing anymore of them eh ;)
 
"JP, what did you get for those swiss revolvers you sold ? (IIRC) Was'nt $400 was it?"

I think you got me confused with Shooting Edge, they are the ones who were selling Antique Swiss Revolvers.
 
Theres a MKI webley on GB right now with 13 days left in the auction and its cut for 45 ACP its already over $1000 and thats hard bids not some asking price.

Webleys are going up in price everywhere the days of $500 webleys are long gone.
They are becomeing very hard to find and they aint makeing anymore of them eh ;)

If it keeps going like that, the uncut MkI that has been listed forever with a buy it now of $1550 will start to look like an awesome good deal.
 
JP, sorry I had in my head you sold a couple. Here I thought I could keep track of every antique in Canada LOL.

As for prices. When you buy the right gun you don't reflect in the future on what you spent. As long as you buy quality and condition you wont get hurt.
 
In my uneducated/ non experienced Webley opinion, I'd say $1250 up here on e/e & you might not even have to BTT... How fast do you want it gone?
 
Very astute observation.
IMO you have hit the nail on the head. In Canada the high prices are due to the antique status more than collector value.

As you noted, a serviceable MKII .455 sells for hundreds of $ more than a mint MKIV, even though the MKIV is considered to be a stronger revolver. The difference is the antique status.

Antique webley prices in the US have been going up fairly dramatically over the last year or so. I think Canadian demand is actually driving up US antique prices to some extent. Some US dealers have realised that Canadians are willing to pay more and are starting to make money on it.
 
I'm not in a hurry...but I want to at least get my money back out of it...

I was hoping it would have appreciated some... :(

Not to be a pric, but I think it's a buyers market on both sides of the border right now. Stuff is selling here, but I don't think for top dollar. Again maybe I'm way off on your Webley. :redface:
 
Back
Top Bottom