303 savage ammo needed please help

Jrpro

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi just received a 1929 303. savage beautiful condition its been in a case its whole life ,im young and have no idea about loading just want to know if any one can sell me some ammo 2-4 boxes would be ideal thanks:confused:
 
Last edited:
The EE is a good place to start as 303SAV shows up from time to time but it's EXPENSIVE!!!:runaway::runaway:
You'll quickly find that if you want to shoot this in any amount you'll want to reload!!
 
Unfortunately no make 303 savage anymore, so you're going to have to look for some old stock ammo. Then once you find and shoot said ammo save your brass and learn to reload, it's really not too hard, there's lots of good books to teach you how, and it really is the way to go for oddball cartridges like 303 savage.
 
Norma did a while back and I know a fella in the States that had some available but gettin brass out of the States now is like pullin teeth...

Brass can be formed from .220 Swift if a fella is desperate.

I have enough ammo and brass to last forever but once it's gone...
I have some loose 303sav rounds and 220 Swift brass too...guess I should do a count...
 
I believe that Jamison now makes .303 Savage brass. Graf & Sons appear to be selling it for $18.59 for 20 pieces.

Of course you'll need an export permit :D

Jerry at Mystic Precision (board supporter) brings in Jamison brass. I've bought some from him, although in .45-110 Sharps.

Chris.
 
If you find some factory ammo, your probably looking at $85/box. An old timer at the club said he made 303 savage brass form 30-30, but only got 1 or 2 firings each.
Clint
 
I'm willing to Pay 60 to 70 a box I just want one or 2 to put with it so I can have some for goodness sake I don't mind Paying for it I know it's a collectors gun even if there not factory just some to have with the gun I'm not using it for any thing but a show gun it's been looked at by a gun smith and he says its 95% perfect conndition maybe 30 rounds have ever passed throgh it so
 
a box or two for display is a tall order these days I'm thinkin...

the last 303Sav I saw for sale(other than the EE) was at a gunshow 3 yrs ago for $50 WITHOUT the box-lol

lets have a look at this iron.
I might be able to scare up a few rounds for display purposes ;)


:needPics:
 
In the ammo section of the equipment exchange there's a fellow with a 20 rnd. box for $65. Check out gun shows and/or local auctions. Post as "WTB" in the ammo EE and see what you get. Lots of luck pal.
 
Norma did a while back and I know a fella in the States that had some available but gettin brass out of the States now is like pullin teeth...

Brass can be formed from .220 Swift if a fella is desperate.

I have enough ammo and brass to last forever but once it's gone...
I have some loose 303sav rounds and 220 Swift brass too...guess I should do a count...

Better do some reading son, You can't make 303 savage out of 220 swift.
 
for curiosity sake I just Googled "make 303 Savage brass"
guess what the first return was..?
303 Savage Brass Mfg. Will tell how
4 Jul 2007 ... I've four old Savage 99s in 303 Savage and they all extract the 303 made from resized 220 Swift brass. The brass does not swell at the base ...
Code:
www.firearmstalk.com
› ... › Ammunition & Reloading - Cached - Similar


oh btw I read that ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom