.22 Long (rimfire) Hopkins & Allen "Ranger"-model spur-trigger revolver, 7-shot cylinder. Has temperamental cylinder rotation issue. Very unique---CFP had to make a new entry for the model in the database when I received it from my father's collection, in 2010.
I'm curious about the potential to have this deregistered and re-classified as an Antique... then tuned up to functional condition.
http://jtjersey.com/Ranger/ranger.htm Any advice and opinions are welcome! I know that H & A went bankrupt in 1898... whereupon it was re-incorporated by a parent company shortly thereafter. What do I need to convince the CFC that this is 'not a prohibited firearm'?
I'm curious about the potential to have this deregistered and re-classified as an Antique... then tuned up to functional condition.
http://jtjersey.com/Ranger/ranger.htm Any advice and opinions are welcome! I know that H & A went bankrupt in 1898... whereupon it was re-incorporated by a parent company shortly thereafter. What do I need to convince the CFC that this is 'not a prohibited firearm'?

Last edited:


















































