My first antique. I started saving alot each month with plans on a down payment for a mortgage
but I walked into the gun show with a pocket full and walked out with this beauty.
1897 Colt .41LC numbers matching 173***
The previous owner said he did the refinish quite a few years back but its is excellent condition. Extremely thrilled with my first antique purchase. Now thinking about changing to 44spl. I did pick up a box of ammo with it so I'll probably get a smith to give it a once over and then shoot that box. And then look for another barrel and cylinder.
Lockup is tight, 4 crisp clear clicks, seems mechanically perfect.
1897 Colt .41LC numbers matching 173***
The previous owner said he did the refinish quite a few years back but its is excellent condition. Extremely thrilled with my first antique purchase. Now thinking about changing to 44spl. I did pick up a box of ammo with it so I'll probably get a smith to give it a once over and then shoot that box. And then look for another barrel and cylinder.
Lockup is tight, 4 crisp clear clicks, seems mechanically perfect.





















































