Kingston - Blackpowder dealers

If your in Sask. I'm surprised you haven't bought from Becky at Hillfolk Musket Supplies, she's the only dealer I know of that deals in Swiss BP.
 
If you are in Kingston it is not far to visit Evans Mills New York. They have a great range of supplies and usually carry both Swiss and Goex. I was just there a week ago and he was out of Swiss but told me he had some on order. When I started buying it there I paid $12.95 for Goex and $21.95 for Swiss. Canadians can bring 8 Kg's per trip back through customs. The only stipulation is that it has to be in 1 lb. containers. Last trip the price had risen somewhat...I paid $19.95 for Goex. Pm sent. Dave
 
If your in Sask. I'm surprised you haven't bought from Becky at Hillfolk Musket Supplies, she's the only dealer I know of that deals in Swiss BP.

Thanks Ben, I gave them a call today and they hope to have some in by the end of June.

ive never seen swiss here goex works just the same for a 8 bore id go with 1fg goex



We have been using goex but need the Swiss as that is all we can get in Africa for BP. We are doing some load testing and chronographing and want to compare the loads we have to the Swiss powder loads. :D
 
Thanks Ben, I gave them a call today and they hope to have some in by the end of June.





We have been using goex but need the Swiss as that is all we can get in Africa for BP. We are doing some load testing and chronographing and want to compare the loads we have to the Swiss powder loads. :D

thay have some cool subs over there one's red :)

what you going to hunt with a double muzzleloader i hope if its one of the big 5 you can make a kill shot with the 2 rounds :eek:
 
I think that you will notice with the Swiss powder, more velocity, less fouling, prolly higher press., slightly more recoil. I like it esp. in Black Powder Cartridge rifles were accuracy is most important, for ML I use Goex or Grafs.
 
Hi ,I was in the same boat as yourself ,but,some folks on here pointed me out to a place called gun mart . it's owned by a fellow named Brian Dwyer, its located a bit north of Brockville in a town called Tincap, his number is 613-342-4037. I called him up about 6 months ago looking for black powder ,but at the time he had none in stock . Give him a call he did carry both Goex and Swiss at the time .Hope this helps you out .
 
Join the black powder club in your area..if there is one..there will be someone that has powder for sale might cost a bit but it is worth it.
 
Last edited:
Thank you all for your help. I actually found a dealer that is close to me in Peterborough that had the GOEX I was looking for. It was my first time in their shop, and it was quite impressive. It's always fun to find a new shop!
 
Back
Top Bottom