7.62X39mm - Who has the all out best price?

SAND ROAD;
"NRCAN decided that each package now has to be individually labelled, meaning that sealed cases are now gone forever. It takes a lot of time to individually stick a label on each 10 pack..... hence the price increase. "

How do you come up with these brilliant conclusions....
In fact NR Can wants the package in which they are sold properly labeled, hence when you buy a case from us, or one of the dealers we sell to, the case is labeled and is sold sealed.... No labels on the individual packs....

John
 
SAND ROAD;
"Powder and primers do deteriorate with age, but a lot depends on how it was manufactured. There are good batches of powder which don't deteriorate much, and there are bad batches which can deteriorate quickly."

Please do some research before issuing such an opinion, if this were the case how would the military decide on what to send the troops in the field ?
I can just imagine the logistics officers problems " shall I send a 1982 or was the 1986 vintage more appropriate for this outing ?

PLEASE read up on the matter
John

If this wasn't the case, why would the Czech's surplus ammo whatsoever? I don't think you need to do formal research to declare that objects deteriorate with age. The only other reason I can see surplusing ammo is because you're switching calibers completely.
 
We have cases of 800 for $149.95. As well there is a 5% father's day sale going on now with the coupon code "father"
 
People still shoot world war 2 vintage ammo. I thinks anything from the 70,80s is fine. And czech is a relatively poor country, maybe they are just raising some funds.
 
And I ordered 4 cases from tradex, cost 225 ea plus tax, like $1017 all in and they were delivered the NEXT DAY!!! And I'm in kitchener, so farther then toronto.
 
Made the last stop in Orillia for anything other than food or fuel tonight. I can't understand the pricing anymore. Preorder in April at 199.99 and get danced around for over 2 months. Cancell my order figure I will give them another shot and the price went up to 249.99 after being told on the phone it's the same price as before. I'll take a %25 price hike and go somewhere else. It may not be a high roller O/U but I should be treated fairly.

#### that, other vendors around with honest staff and business ethic. I know they are a sponsor but ban me if needed. I don't take rape willingly.
 
SAND ROAD;
"Powder and primers do deteriorate with age, but a lot depends on how it was manufactured. There are good batches of powder which don't deteriorate much, and there are bad batches which can deteriorate quickly."

Please do some research before issuing such an opinion, if this were the case how would the military decide on what to send the troops in the field ?
I can just imagine the logistics officers problems " shall I send a 1982 or was the 1986 vintage more appropriate for this outing ?

PLEASE read up on the matter
John

Actually I am very familiar with this. And powder does deteriorate, and at different rates depending on the chemistry of the powders particularly nitrocellulose, nitroglycerine tends to be more stable. Poor manufacturing controls, such as poor neutralization of nitric acid in nitrocellulose or poor stabilizers, accelerates decomposition.

The problem isn't with primers, it is the powder. Although significant decomposition of the powder (byproducts of the decomposition) can affect the primers.

So if ammo never goes "bad" why does the military rotates it's stocks?
 
How do you come up with these brilliant conclusions....
In fact NR Can wants the package in which they are sold properly labeled, hence when you buy a case from us, or one of the dealers we sell to, the case is labeled and is sold sealed.... No labels on the individual packs....

John

So why not tell that to the dealers......

Every dealer I have seen recently selling cases has every package labelled. I ran into the same problem a few years ago about selling bulk packages.
 
they went up $50 (use to be $199)from their last stock....piss me off

p.s. they have a stack of it now....thank god i stocked up



Yeah I noticed EPPS went up 50 bucks / crate. Kinda pissed me off too. I would have bought a few more crates just to have, but I decided not to.

I am sure someone will chime in and say the surplus is drying up, and therefore the price has gone up. But I doubt the surplus is close to being dried up just yet. It's likely that people will pay 50 dollars more per crate - and marketing seems to be "what the market will bear" these days in deciding price.

I stocked up at 200 bucks a crate though.



OTHER vendors are still at 200 dollars, just depends where you are.
 
Last edited:
Once all the surplus 7.62x39 is gone, I think the price of an sks is gonna be about 50 bucks cash n carry.

No ,7.62+39 will be one of the most popular caliber.
The surplus ammo for Enfield is gone from a long time and still the value of Enfield are growning up
 
Most of us have an enfield in our collection as a piece of heritage. "My forefathers fought for my freedom with this rifle."

The heritage of the sks will be "I bought this rifle because of the cheap surplus that was available." Not sure that makes it a keeper in my books...
 
Most of us have an enfield in our collection as a piece of heritage. "My forefathers fought for my freedom with this rifle."

The heritage of the sks will be "I bought this rifle because of the cheap surplus that was available." Not sure that makes it a keeper in my books...
Do you have any facts to base your opinion?
Did you know a cheap popular military rifle in Canada wich afther surplus ammo was gone became more cheaper?
I want facts
 
This is by no means a fact:

I want an enfield in my collection, as I do a mauser, M1 garand, mosin, etc - because of the history.

I have a few of the above mentioned rifles and love shooting them. I will pay / reload for these rifles as I am, as many of us are, military history buffs.
Plus, if in the right condition, they can be accurate thumpers that can be used for plinking, hunting, and historical pieces.


As for the SKS

I also have a few sks's because of (a) the guns are cheap, centerfire, rugged milsurps.

(B) the ammo is cheap(er).


In the matter of opinions, I think SKS prices will drop when surplus runs dry. I personally don't know of a lot of people reloading for the sks's, but I do know a lot of people reloading for the older military rifles.


Who knows - maybe people will get into reloading for the sks - but I don't see the rifle having the same following as the more established rifles.

The sks CAN be used for hunting , and some will likely continue to hunt with them - but I don't see that crowd being able to maintain the cost of the rifle at current prices.


This is merely an opinion, and as the saying goes, opions are like arse holes... We've all got one.

Interesting discussion, maybe for another thread of it's own!

Cheers guys.
 
I've got one unopened crate and one almost empty crate, both 1120. I paid something like $170 for each IIRC. That seemed kind of expensive but still bearable. I was considering stocking up again, but at well over $200 per crate I think I'll just hang tight for a bit. If I can't get ammo below $200 a crate I'll just turf the SKS once I'm out of ammo, it's not that magical a gun.
 
I've got one unopened crate and one almost empty crate, both 1120. I paid something like $170 for each IIRC. That seemed kind of expensive but still bearable. I was considering stocking up again, but at well over $200 per crate I think I'll just hang tight for a bit. If I can't get ammo below $200 a crate I'll just turf the SKS once I'm out of ammo, it's not that magical a gun.

That's probably the same here. I ordered 1 crate from TEC for now, if the price goes much higher I have a nice wallhanger.
 
That's probably the same here. I ordered 1 crate from TEC for now, if the price goes much higher I have a nice wallhanger.

It's hard to beat Tradex's deal, especially if you live somewhere you can't get the surplus locally.

$200/1120 is a bit over $0.18 a round. The only thing cheaper than that is rimfire ammo.

It's not going to get cheaper or more available. Buy it now, while you can.
 
Back
Top Bottom