8mm Lebel revolver bullets where?

Bob7.62

Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Can someone tell me if there is a source for lead 8mm lebel revolver bullets.
I reloaded some rounds with jacketed bullets and they got stuck in the barrel when I tried to fire them.:eek: The charge I used was 2.5 grains of Unique.
Thanks
Bob
 
I used .323 in mine, they worked well. Have you measured your bore Dia.? Hopefully there hasnt been any stress damage to the gun.

I started at 2.5GR of unique, then went to 2.9 and then 3.3. I kept it at 3.3 gr's and was happy with it.
 
I used .323 in mine, they worked well. Have you measured your bore Dia.? Hopefully there hasnt been any stress damage to the gun.

I started at 2.5GR of unique, then went to 2.9 and then 3.3. I kept it at 3.3 gr's and was happy with it.


I have not measused the bore.
The .323 you used were not jacketed were they?
Where can I find .323
 
I don't think you are getting may answers because there really isn't a good place to go and buy the right sized bullets. I finally broke down and ordered a custom mold from NEI in the states. Honestly I haven't even had a chance to use it yet but it looks like a good mold and you can get what you want.
 
There are no lead bullets for sale in Canada that I know of. I cast my own. I will be casting some bullets in a month or so, I could make some .330" lead bullets for you if you want.

2.5 gr of Unique is a pretty light load. Personally I think if i were you I would try upping the charge to 2.8 and then 3.0 gr.

I load 3.2 gr with A 110 GR bullet.
 
Last edited:
I believe I sold you the gun and bullets. I sold those bullets to another fellow and he loaded more like 3.5 gr Unique and went from there, so the problem is not the bullets but the load/crimp whatever. I can also fix you up with some lead bullets, either exchange or a new batch. Bullets stuck in the barrel is no problem at all, you just have to realize it (be alert with a new gun anyway).
 
Can someone tell me if there is a source for lead 8mm lebel revolver bullets.
I reloaded some rounds with jacketed bullets and they got stuck in the barrel when I tried to fire them.:eek: The charge I used was 2.5 grains of Unique.
Thanks
Bob


2.5g is too light. I shoot 110grainGraff tmjrn with 4.2 grains of unique and a very light crimp. They chrony at 820fps average using 32-20 brass cut down.
I also only "neck size" the brass, just below where the bullet is seated. another nutter showed me this and never had a problem.
 
I fixed him up with just over 100 lead bullets I had. The jacketed should still work however as mb5200 pointed out with a light crimp and more powder.

As mentioned before, getting a bullet stuck in the barrel is not of concern, just be alert when trying to find a charge, better than blowing up the cylinder I'd say.
 
There are no lead bullets for sale in Canada that I know of. I cast my own. I will be casting some bullets in a month or so, I could make some .330" lead bullets for you if you want.

2.5 gr of Unique is a pretty light load. Personally I think if i were you I would try upping the charge to 2.8 and then 3.0 gr.

I load 3.2 gr with A 110 GR bullet.

I finally did get around to casting some .330" bullets and have a few for sale on the EE.
 
I have been using bullseye with the jacketed bullets,and a good crimp I think the bullets are so dam slippery the powder just doesn't get going nor enough back pressure never Had the problem with my .330 cast bullets just the jacketed but bullseye seemed to fix that
 
I have been using bullseye with the jacketed bullets,and a good crimp I think the bullets are so dam slippery the powder just doesn't get going nor enough back pressure never Had the problem with my .330 cast bullets just the jacketed but bullseye seemed to fix that

Did you happen to measure the diameter on those bullets? The ones I tried were advertised as .329" on Grafs but actually measured closer to .326".
 
bullet mold.....

i own two 1892 french revolver....

and buy some years ago a mold of lyman , the mold then cartdrige of the world name it....

i can look if you want , make some bullets with test at the range??

Mauser71:redface:
 
Back
Top Bottom