Source for .590 lead musket balls?

Pete04

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.7%
398   1   0
Location
Thornhill
Anyone know where to get them? I'd like to try them in a Snider Enfield.
I've tried Ellwoods and Williams in Ont..
 
I could spare a few for you to try. I got mine from Klondike Bob on here but I haven't seen him around in a while....

Thanks for your kind and generous offer.
I've read Bob on "that" forum and tried to google for him but no luck.
Being an ackowledged addict (LOL), I need a steady source of supply until I will prolly end up with a mold.
 
The .590" ball is exactly what you need for your Snider Enfield. I shoot them all the time and they are more accurate in the 3 band Snider than anything else I've tried. If you come by my door you can have a bunch. I know that shipping them is insanely expensive. Did you look at Rick Pearson's site....R&R Bullets.....he is near Brockville Ontario but drives to deliver in Toronto quite often. Good luck, Dave
 
Jeff Tanner makes up custom molds for very reasonable prices. Do a google search for him. I have heard it rumoured that he has a contractor make molds perhaps in the US, for his north american orders so that shipping times are fairly reasonable

cheers mooncoon
 
I have tried most of the so called "snider" moulds out there. Nothing yet has shot better than the .590 ball. Lotsa fun. What would be really nice would be finding some actual snider brass, not converted shotgun shells.
 
The .590" ball is exactly what you need for your Snider Enfield. I shoot them all the time and they are more accurate in the 3 band Snider than anything else I've tried. If you come by my door you can have a bunch. I know that shipping them is insanely expensive. Did you look at Rick Pearson's site....R&R Bullets.....he is near Brockville Ontario but drives to deliver in Toronto quite often. Good luck, Dave

Thanks for the offer Dave.
I googled R&R Bullets and he doesn't show .590 ball in the pdf list but I'll send him a note to see if he can cast some. In the mean time he has a lot of other bullets I would like!
 
I have tried most of the so called "snider" moulds out there. Nothing yet has shot better than the .590 ball. Lotsa fun. What would be really nice would be finding some actual snider brass, not converted shotgun shells.

I got my Jamison .577 brass from Williams in Port Perry Ont. and also some from site sponser Jerry at Mystic Precision.
I find the MagTec 24ga brass works pretty good also.
 
Thanks for your kind and generous offer.
I've read Bob on "that" forum and tried to google for him but no luck.
Being an ackowledged addict (LOL), I need a steady source of supply until I will prolly end up with a mold.

If you are still trying to get ahold of Klondike Bob try giving him a PM here on the site, he got back to me pretty quick when I had a question for him a few weeks ago.

M.
 
Back
Top Bottom