Chinese 7.62x51 from CanadaAmmo

Nic3500

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Location
Montreal,Qc
Greetings, I got a full case of that ammo and thought I would give you a quick review of it's performance.

What I did:
- tested 4 ammo (including the Chinese). That is all I could find at the local store.
- all fired on the same day, using the same rifle (XBolt) at 100 yards
- Rapid succession shots (max. 5 seconds between shots)

The results:

Federal Gold Match 168 gr.
168.jpg


Federal 180 gr. (I know, I know, I dropped one :redface:)
180.jpg


Federal 150 gr.
150.jpg


And finally the Chinese ammo
chinese.jpg



Two weeks ago, shooting this Chinese ammo with my M14, I thought my scope was lose, but based on these results, I do not think that anymore. I think it is just a greater dispersion because of the ammo.

But for the price, it is perfect!
Nic
 
Last edited:
So the question has to be asked Nick... How much for the chinese ammo?..

It should be about a quarter of the price of the regular ammo, or youre getting ripped off according to the grouping sizes I see.;)

Nick
 
So the question has to be asked Nick... How much for the chinese ammo?..

It should be about a quarter of the price of the regular ammo, or youre getting ripped off according to the grouping sizes I see.;)

Nick

haha....the price vs. accuracy scale is not linear in the 308/762 world
 
So the question has to be asked Nick... How much for the chinese ammo?..

It should be about a quarter of the price of the regular ammo, or youre getting ripped off according to the grouping sizes I see.;)

Nick

600$ for 1000 rounds. Come to 12 for a box of 20.
I paid Federal match 168gr. 32$. So it's close to 1/3. The other ammo was around 20$ per box.
Plinking with my M14 just got a whole lot cheaper!
 
not any worse than south african imo. good bang for your dollar, surplus is great for fun.
 
Back
Top Bottom