Well Ive been trying to figure out what this BP rifle really is. I got this as a gift from my dad when I was a kid. He bought it in Yellowknife at a local gun store. I was told it was a 1820 musket. I did some recent research & was told it was a converted flintlock witch makes me more curious. I was thinking of selling it to someone who would like it more then me, not really a BP guy & I would love to know more about it before I sell it if I decide to.
So here are some pics, There is a #252 on all major parts I assume a serial # of sorts. There is a 79 stamped under the barrel, also a mark at the end os the barrel side kinda looks like a NIYE but I'm not sure.
Yes its missing the ramrod I never had it. So If someone out there has some knowledge on it I would appreciate any help identifying it.
So here are some pics, There is a #252 on all major parts I assume a serial # of sorts. There is a 79 stamped under the barrel, also a mark at the end os the barrel side kinda looks like a NIYE but I'm not sure.
Yes its missing the ramrod I never had it. So If someone out there has some knowledge on it I would appreciate any help identifying it.



















































