i can't find anything about shipping, do you know for sure that they ship to canada? since they do operate out of michigan.Have a look at sitting fox muzzleloaders, they sell 20 ga "Canoe guns} kits for $469, sells them finished also.
http://www.sittingfoxmuzzleloaders.com/k/K6%20Canoe%20Guns/K6%20Canoe%20Guns/K6%20Canoe%20Guns.html
Cheers nessy.
I think nessy beat you to it. also, I said flintlock because I want a flintlock. I didn't just say "blackpowder muzzleloader"I think that being able to hit an apple with a smoothbore at 50 yards takes a lot of practice. Keep in mind that around here the term flint smoothbore more or less means no rear sight.
I also think you may be a bit unrealistic in terms of finding a quality flintlock for under $600. To my mind, one of your criteria means finding a gun with a Siler or L&R lock on it to ensure dependable firing. If your only purpose is for hunting, why not look for a percussion gun; even inexpensive ones usually are fairly dependable as compared to inexpensive flintlocks
cheers mooncoon
you know this gun is in the US and in functioning condition right? it would like cost me as much as the gun's price to just import it myself into canada. not a viable option.There is a pedersoli brown bess carbine here for sale this is a good deal and they dont come up too often.
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/8000/cat/9
McLean
thanks, I'll look into thatCheck out Jackie Brown muzzleloaders, I betcha he would build you one for about $750. I have one of his Carolina fowlers(L/hand of course) paid $750 for it new
, Fit and finish isn't as good as say Jim Chambers BUT it fits me like a glove, has a Large Siler lock
, shoots like a hot damn ! plus I have a kids rifle that he built for me, so cheap I can't tell you the price
, and it's my favourite rife.
I would give Jackie a call , tell him exactly what you want, and how much ?
Cheers nessy.
not really since I want a flintlock, period. I like the reliability and versatility of it and a percussion cap gun needs percussion caps, where a flintlock just need a flint and powder, a lot simpler.I think youd broaden your horizon by considering a percussion. last year i scored a 10 gauge smooth bore for dirt cheap... they're out there!
.....not really since I want a flintlock, period. I like the reliability and versatility of it and a percussion cap gun needs percussion caps, where a flintlock just need a flint and powder, a lot simpler.



























