.....Provincial hunting tools regulations; I believe Ontario allows for hunting with antique handguns, we've been through this before and I think it was Tactical870 that posted a reply he got from the Ontario MNR or some similar governing body. The thread exists in the antiques forum here, you'll have to search it out.....
I don't recall ever seeing anything on the MNR site or books saying that any handgun is allowed in Ontario currently. As for muzzleloaders and shotgun antiques are fine as there is really no difference from a modern ML in the CO's minds. BP rifles have to abide by the WMU's limits for rifle hunts.
That is my take on the regs from what I have been able to find. If anyone can find the regs allowing antique handgun hunting on the MNR site please link it. It would be good to have it printed out and with oneself whilst hunting if it is allowed. We all know the 5-0 will have no clue and it is doubtful the Co's will know either.
It is not necessarily treading on thin ice. That is just the way the law usually works ..... it tells you stuff you cannot do. If what you want to do is not on the list of what you cannot do, then it is alright to do it (within the bounds of common sense and responsibility, of course). For example, the ON hunting regs do not specifically say that it is fine to chew gum while hunting, or to hunt with your socks on the wrong feet. The ON hunting regs do not specifically say it is alright for people with bald heads to hunt. If the law says you cannot hunt with restricted hand guns, then what it means is if you are hunting with a hand gun, make sure it is not restricted ..... nothing more. I do not need the law to give me a list of all the other things I can do provided I am not hunting with a restricted hand gun. Is it alright, while NOT hunting with a restricted hand gun, to take a Louis L'Amour novel along to read up in the tree stand? The law does not give me specific permission to do this but it doesn't outlaw reading Louis L'Amour novels in the bush, so I feel free to do this and don't consider myself as skating on thin ice if caught with a Louis L'Amour novel out in the bush.As far as the regs, go, mostly they detail the things you cannot do.If it does not say specifically that you can, but does not say you cannot, you are then treading on pretty thin ice, I think.
It's not an antique, but I've taken my reproduction
I get the feeling the OP is directly refering to antique handguns though.......
It's not an antique, but I've taken my reproduction blunderbuss to the field for snowshoehares.
I get the feeling the OP is directly refering to antique handguns though.......
I get the feeling the OP is directly refering to antique handguns though.......
I think you are going to most likely be disappointed in this endevour. I myself discern from our gun laws that antique handguns cannot share the same trip for hunting edible game species of any sort. My own opinion only.if its flintlock legaly its antique![]()
antique handgun hunting is something id like to know about id most likely not carry it for hunting but as back up a snigle shot muzzleloading pistol(antique of corse) along with a muzzleloading rifle would be cool



























