Easy there big fella - nothing of the sort. Just curious if the CFC (yet again) changed there minds on this model, and it sounds like they have.
No problem there Killer, just being funny, you can pull out my fingernails but you can't take my 1887.

Just going to add my two cents to the guff around all this. In all fairness it it tough for the RCMP verifier to rule on many of these antiques, pretty vague records on pre 98 Europeon guns. Just a FYI an RCMP antique letter was required before the seller would ship the gun from the US. The letter was then sent with the invoice and paperwork with the gun. Everything went super smooth so in my mind it is the way to go. Another FYI , to get that letter you have to register the gun in Canada as restricted or prohibited depending on barrel length even though the gun is still 3000 miles away in U.S. before they will issue the letter. New policy according to RCMP antique verifier. Wonder what happens to this info.

I am no expert on antique handgun importation but I was a licensed firearms dealer for many years in the 80's and 90's and things are super smooth now compared to when the local small town RCMP were the authority on all the rules surrounding firearms.

My take on this is, some of you keep mentioning techs, not sure who you are talking about and if it is ten different techs

you will get ten different answers. but there is a certain verifier that deals with this antique handgun verification. A proper email request to her will confirm what's what. I got this info from one of the members on here, thank you. and if they are reading this, it is their info to give out.
Very nice looking wheel gun they are, especially that one, minty!.Let us know how she shoots please and thanks. Do they lock up when the trigger is pulled or just when cocked?.
Do you like or own any French M-1892's?. I love my frenchies, makes me think one of these 1887's would be a nice addition eventually.
Anyone know roughly what the serial number cut off is for the the swiss 1882 revolvers?.
Thanks again for the nice comments. This gun is double action and single and seems to lock up very nice. It has a rebounding hammer, not a half ####, the firing pin is never sitting on a primer. Main spring is heavy, I don't care very

I do like the looks of the French maybe when I pay off the mortgage on the Husqvarna.

Cheers Jack