I don't think that I have ever seen anything close to that. What is really puzzling is that while it looks like a cartridge gun, I don't think it opens up. Looks like a muzzle loading blunderbuss using a pinfire hammer to possibly fire a percussion cap
cheers mooncoon
but i think that thing under the barrel is the opening lever you can kind of see its a different color then the action
I guess I stand corrected. Tight seam and a bit of glare made me think otherwise. Still cannot understand why they would make the belled muzzle. That was a feature for ease of loading a muzzle loader, when you were bouncing around in a stage coach or on a horse
cheers mooncoon
In regards to the effect of the flared end of the blunderbuss, an excellent read for anyone interested in tested data circa 2005 is:
Myths of the Blunderbuss by Melvin Flanagan (PDF file online)
one myth is it will spread shot faster



























