If you aren't aware you don't need it.
Thanks for the help. I did try to search but could not find anything. I wasn't aware that it was not required. How would the cops know it was an antique with out the letter?
So 38 special is ok?!?!?
I have my own letter I made up that states the laws and how the gun falls into antique status:
![]()

[/QUOTE]I sent a copy of your letter when I was buying a handgun from a US dealer with the gun's info on it. He thought it was a staight forward, to the point letter, so that's what came in the shipping docs. I have a feeling he copyed it for other Canadian shipments. (hope tou don't mind)..
So 38 special is ok?!?!?
Yup.
38 special is ok, but it's not a clean cut answer. According to my conversation with the firearms lab, the firearm has to have started life in a caliber not included in the no-good list in order to legally be considered antique, and it's up to the owner to prove it was. No antique started life in 38 special...
Hi guys,
I recentley misplaced the RCMP letter for my antique pistol. Does anyone know how I can get a new copy?



























