CSA VZ.61 Skorpion in .22LR rimfire

The banned pistol is the Scarab Skorpion but it could go any which way. The Czechs have a fixed wooden stock. I made one for a friend years ago. It isn't hard.

The OIC says 'Skorpion pistol" and the FRT reflects that the vz61 in pistol form is prohibited.

FRT Legal Comments:
- the firearm known as the Czech Small Arms, manufactured Sa VZ.61 Combat is a similar firearm to the Model referenced in PFR, Part 1, para 40. However, PFR, Part 1, para 40 refers to the "pistol" version of the Skorpion whereas the model in this record is the semi-automatic, commercial version (C/V) of the submachine gun (full automatic) Skorpion VZ. 61 and therefore should not be linked to PFR, Part 1, para 40.

In other words, the vz61 pistol is prohibited, the vz61 rifle with folding stock is restricted/non-restricted based on overall length and barrel length.

Last edited:
Its a semi auto rifle. Semi auto rifle rules regarding barrel length and overall length apply.

If it was a pistol, the Skorpion would be prohibited by OIC. Don't remove your stock.

I guess you missed the post where I quoted the law....
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...LR-rimfire?p=11820289&viewfull=1#post11820289

The barrel length only makes a firearm restricted if it is a semi-auto CENTRE-FIRE rifle. A rim-fire, such as this, would not be impacted by that section of the law.

Hmm, probably obvious question - but as far as mag limits go for .22 - if its restricted (rifle status?) it would be limited to 5 rounds? Pistol 10 rounds? Non-restricted, no limit?

Never owned a .22...but this would be the one i'd buy! I skipped the other skorpion because of the strange/harder to come by ammunition. This seems like a good opportunity....

Semi-auto centerfire rifle regardless of classification status is always limited to 5 rounds in a magazine, unless it's rimfire.

Yeah for centerfire I understand - but what if it is classified as a restricted .22 rifle? I understand pistol .22's are limited to 10 - but what about restricted (rifle) .22? Still no limit?

Something like this

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-01%20at%2011.27.31%20AM_zpstvjivj2b.png

And my crazy imagination AR-Skorp in .17 would be awesome

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%202.47.43%20PM_zpsnprhfvuo.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%202.47.16%20PM_zpsech1kweb.png

Dlask has mentioned they are doing a skorpion project. Only once did the say something but it would be awesome if it were an upper like this. I'd buy just the upper.

Back
Top Bottom