Derya mk10 shotgun

Mine cycles Dominion Arms 00 buck very well ... 10+ mags no ftf fte issues. It didn't like remington 00 buck high brass (over $1 per round anyways). I think the extractor had trouble with he rim of the remington case (might be a bit thicker then the cheap DA).

I suspect it would not like bird shot either but I haven't had a place to try it. Also, I would question whether cold weather would impact reliability with light loads as I think the bolt wouldn't cycle as smoothly in the cold. A little bit of resistance might be a big deal. Still, I love the fact that it eats the very cheap DA 00 as I have quite a bit of the stuff ...

I've been shooting mine a bit (not a tonne yet) and it's eaten everything. I went through a couple small boxes of heavier stuff and then went to light trap loads and haven't had a single hiccup.

Really enjoying this thing. And considering the issues I'm seeing with the guys that got their Alpha's I'm REALLY happy I went with this.

I have been hearing that light loads is the MAIN issue causing FTF's and FTE's. Hopefully the only issue. I am still on the fence as I have never spent over a grand for a shotgun. I'm inclined to wait a little longer and see what other issues may arise. Also someone may have fixed the problem by then. So am I correct in saying these shotguns are only meant to fire the 2 3/4" rounds? Are the 3" rounds out of the question? What exactly is considered a "light load?"

I have been hearing that light loads is the MAIN issue causing FTF's and FTE's. Hopefully the only issue. I am still on the fence as I have never spent over a grand for a shotgun. I'm inclined to wait a little longer and see what other issues may arise. Also someone may have fixed the problem by then. So am I correct in saying these shotguns are only meant to fire the 2 3/4" rounds? Are the 3" rounds out of the question? What exactly is considered a "light load?"

2 3/4" . The DA 00 buck seem a little shorter than 2 3/4". I'll try and run some slugs through next time. the DA 'round ball' slugs are even shorter ...

I've been using 2 3/4, 1 1/8 oz, #8 target load from remmington and I haven't had any issues. The rifle functions flawlessly. The only problem is I only have one 5 Rd mag. This sucker goes through a ton of ammo.

Diffrent company but mine showed up today! Lol covered in what I can only describe as Commi Grease. It is coated all over in the stuff as well as the mags. Gonna blow 20-30 00buck out of it then strip and cleanse the whole thing. Frog lube it up, give her another 100 00buck 100 slugs and then see what I can get out of here for target loads.

My one confusing in the box marked Choke extension, there were 3 unmarked silver chokes in the box no extension anyone else know what this is about?

Diffrent company but mine showed up today! Lol covered in what I can only describe as Commi Grease. It is coated all over in the stuff as well as the mags. Gonna blow 20-30 00buck out of it then strip and cleanse the whole thing. Frog lube it up, give her another 100 00buck 100 slugs and then see what I can get out of here for target loads.

My one confusing in the box marked Choke extension, there were 3 unmarked silver chokes in the box no extension anyone else know what this is about?

Yes mine came with the same box..and just three chokes..my calipers say they a improved modified. .light full..and extra full...

I got mine yesterday, newest version with the aggressive spike muzzle break.
Mine also came with the three chokes, not like my Remington with laser etching on them. What are the three chokes, are they the same? Plus like the last post, barrel extension? I don't see it. What's great to is the rear site on the handle, it flips to 4 different arrangements.
Shotgun feels great, looks amazing. I talked to the dealer about the 2 3/4 , 3" thing. The sales guy says he uses 3" all the time, only problem is with the (not here) large 9 mag, the 3" will not work with the curve of the mag, which causes miss feeding.
Can't we adjust the gas on the shot gun to compensate for the lighter loads?

P.S. The dealer checked and tried, it is and will work with Bennelli chokes, they fit!

Does anyone know, when using a choke, means you are not using the muzzle break? The chokes screw into the same area. The muzzle break is only for using slugs?

I think it is less of a muzzlebrake and more of a door breaches. .most manufacturer recommend improved modified for slugs...I could not get a accurate measure of the break but I would think it was cylinder

I have one. bought it used says 2-3/4" on barrel says 3" on mag's LOL, Once I got it home I took apart to clean and the piston o ring was trashed I replaced it with one I had in an o ring kit I had lying around took it to the range put 4-5 boxes of 2-3/4" 0 mag buckshot and a box of 2-3/4" target loads though it no failures at all. I'd recommend even on a new one get cleaned before use.

Back
Top Bottom