Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was a very happy customer until today

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS9999 View Post
    I love the "its only $11" crowd.

They actually make me want to start up my own enterprise. My business model will be simple...I'll post a product with a lower price in front of a bunch of products with higher prices. I wont bother you with all the details(as most of the fun happens at check out) but the computers will all be set up with the higher prices while my employees(some may even be females wearing provocative clothing to distract) will convince and sell on lower prices. Man...this is going to be soooo lucrative. Oh...don't worry, I'm not going to gouge you, its only going to be a few dollars here and there, just enough so you don't complain.

Oh yeah...don't bother asking my employees anything. I'm going to make sure that they're too scared to make a decision without my approval.

Lets get this ball rolling!!!
    I'll post details when business is up and running.
    Start a crowd funding page and you've got $11 from me for your new enterprise.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    sticker price 104.00....they should sell it for 104.00

they priced it, probably old stock not marked up to the new high inflation value yet.
    OR someone purposefully switched the tag. Not saying this is the case but price tag switching by "less than honest folks" is not uncommon in retail stores.

Just to be clear I am not taking sides at all, just throwing out something to ponder.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    thats crap......they should honor the sticker price cause the difference is only 11$ too bad they lost a customer...id walk too and never go back..but im an a$$h**e and dont care......any gun store out here in kelowna would honor the sticker price...and only for an 11$ difference what a joke

I am currently off work at home. I had major shoulder (rotator cuff) surgery and I am in an abduction sling for six weeks so I am not in the store. To clarify Chris is my son in law and along with my daughter Jodie are part owners of our business. Chris also is the store manager and deals with staff and day to day issues that arise. I am sorry that the OP did not get the result he wanted. This is a fairly minor issue that Chris is expected to handle on his own and does a great job. These issues are handled on a case by case basis and may have a different outcome on a different day as it depends on a lot of things including the demeanor of those involved. We have decided in the past that the price the goods will be sold at is the price in the cash register computer. On rare occasions we find discrepancy between ticketed and computer price. Just as often as not we find the price lower in the computer and of course give that price to the customer even though he/she agreed initially to the higher price on the sticker. The one thing I will not do is reverse a decision made by Chris as we (Dianne and I) have given him complete responsibility and authority to deal with these issues. This matter may have had a different outcome but since the OP chose to discuss this in a public forum my hands are tied. To the OP...thanks for your business in the past and I am sorry things didn't work out. If you come into our business in the future we will try to earn your business back. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Already stated above
    TDS: What brainwashed people claim when someone isn’t gullible enough to fall for their cult nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I don't shop there either. I tried buying some stuff off of them at two separate gun shows in Fort Mac and it seemed like they didn't have time for me. When I heard good feedback about them on here I thought I'd try again and get some info on what they had in stock, but I was letdown again.
    In scanning this thread I noticed your post and thought I would address your issue. The Fort Mac gun show is by far the busiest gun show that we do in the year and we bring 6-8 people to try to keep up with the demands at the show and I agree we are short of time to spend with customers when everyone is lined up four deep at the tables trying to make a purchase. You will have a far better time speaking to us on the third day of the show if you need specific help as by then things have slowed down a little. If you do wait that long however we are often sold out of a lot of items. Come visit us while you are in Edmonton and we will have more time for you. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

let me introduce my self. I am Chris from P&D. 5 1/2 years ago My wife Jodie and I purchased a portion of P&D from Phil and Dianne. Jodie is Phil and Dianne's daughter which makes me the son in law.
    This small family run Canadian business strives to offer the best price and service in Canada. Sometime we hit those marks and sometimes we do not.

I do feel that social media does have a place in this world, even if it is not my forte.
    I also feel that all people work hard for there money, and have the choice to spend it where they will get the best return.

The situation that occurred yesterday comes down to choices. The choice to pay the correct amount or the choice to override that amount and discount the item.
    The customer chose to not pay $115.00 and I chose not to discount the item $104.00.

As for the sticker price that issue has been addressed internally.

Every customer is important to P&D regardless of the amount's ( $ ) that they support the store.
    We strive to keep all customers happy, and hope that they are return customer.
    Speaking for my self and the choice I made yesterday is one that I am living with.
    The choice that the customer has made to not shop at P&D again is his choice, which I have to respect.
    Not happy about it but I respect it.

10552 115 St NW Edmonton AB T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419 Email: info@p-d-ent.com
    Visit our website at: http://www.p-d-ent.com

Way to maintain professionalism Phil

Isnt running a business fun

CGN Regular
    Didn't he say the sales person at the counter recommended this brand because it was $15 cheaper? And at the till it was $11 more. Not the customer's problem. I'd go to Cabelas next time.

CGN Regular
    I am a firm believer in this. I have had this problem a few times and if you abide by this code, you don't have to make on the spot subjective choices. In this case, the OP would have received $10, or $1 short of the discrepancy.
    I have purchased ammo at Italian Sporting goods two months ago where the price in the computer came up as higher than the marked price on the shelf. They honoured the shelf price. I'll probably drop $1200 there this weekend.
    I understand it is a tough job to run a business. Especially with many many items to keep track of. Whoever is entering prices into the POS software should be required to make sure stock is also priced accordingly. This should be a step by step process, similar to ACT PROVE, or any lock out scenario where heavy equipment is used.
    Like anything, this is of course, a two way street.