Type 81 in 5.56/223 rem possibility ?

Canada tail

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Can you bring us a proper Type 81 in 5.56/223 rem like they use to make for the states ? does it have to be resubmitted since it is a different caliber ?

"Proper"???

The 556 version was a commercial after thought. The only calibre that was ever original was 7.62x39...

Calibre conversions would not require it to be resubmitted... wouldn't even need a new FRT parent entry, just a child entry.

Yeah what fenceline said, but with TI saying they doubt an LMG version would get made I highly doubt a "proper" (lol) 223 version would get made

If they could I’m betting it would hover fairly close to the price of the vz58 in 223 at that point in quality ya might aswell go for a vz

I don’t understand why you’d want it. I like .223/556 but I also like 7.62x39... both have a place. I just feel this gun should be 7.62

I'd rather it be in .308 than .223.
Something you can shoot past 400 yards and not worry about your bullet going squirly.
Dont have very much "red rifles" in a higher power 30 cal and would be great to be able to have one.

I'd rather it be in .308 than .223.
Something you can shoot past 400 yards and not worry about your bullet going squirly.
Dont have very much "red rifles" in a higher power 30 cal and would be great to be able to have one.

There's already an option out there for you if you're into Chinese made minute of man 308 rifles.

To tell you the truth I would be really interested in a .223/5.56 T81, just so that way I only have to bring the one bucket of bullets to the range and can take some heat off of my other 5.56 guns.

I'd buy one in 5.56. I already have a vz58 so I don't have much of a reason currently to get a Type 81 as it would be fairly similar to shoot. But 5.56 would be different enough to shoot I would be interested

the t81 in 223 was already made in a limited number which means the factory already have the machine to make them vs a 308 version that has to be developed from the ground up .

the t81 in 223 was already made in a limited number which means the factory already have the machine to make them vs a 308 version that has to be developed from the ground up .

They won't make an order of LMG which requires no new parts... a 556 version would require tooling up for barrel which are not a regular produced item for the T81 line...

If we can't get LMG versions... don't expect 556 versions any faster.

Let alone 308... which would require a redesign of the receiver to make it longer to accept the larger round and mags... and would require a new FRT given the new style of receiver.

They won't make an order of LMG which requires no new parts... a 556 version would require tooling up for barrel which are not a regular produced item for the T81 line...

If we can't get LMG versions... don't expect 556 versions any faster.

Let alone 308... which would require a redesign of the receiver to make it longer to accept the larger round and mags... and would require a new FRT given the new style of receiver.

Exactly. Thank you. Plus TI probably doesn't give a #### about "oh I would totally get one in 5.56" as the T81 hasn't really been a fast seller to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom