Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

range report anyone?

Best I can give right now is with 150gr Rem and Win factory ammo I have it zeroed 1" high at 100 yards can't give a proper group size because I have not been able to shoot from a proper rest yet or set up my LabRadar for velocities.

All I've had time to do is shoot off the roof of my SUV at a knot in a dead tree for hunting I would have no issues shooting at a buck at 200 yards right now.

My experience with 14" barrels is I load for velocity not accuracy because all of the short barrels I've ever worked up loads for are super accurate I'm expecting the same with this barrel as well.

Just now realized the 223 is only 10.5”. Crazy short... wonder why 2” shorter than the 308?

Maybe because they were designed originally in the States as handguns but I couldn't care less because I want one.

I'd load 40gr V-Max with a top load of H322 powder oh wait I don't have to load those because I already have hundreds of them loaded.

Just now realized the 223 is only 10.5”. Crazy short... wonder why 2” shorter than the 308?

It almost seems like they are following popular AR barrel lengths. There have been quite a few 12.5" 308 barrels out there, but not any 10" that I'm aware of. Whereas, in 223 the 10.5/10.3 barrel seems really popular. The next size in 223 is normally 14.5", which isn't a lot different that a 16" barrel, and therefore isn't an SBR in the states.

I've been eyeing these up for months but did not want to preorder, I've been phucked by preorders so never again. Then someone said Cabelas had them and now I have a .308 on the way. My range only goes to 250m so this gun will be fine.

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately with the sale of Remington, we have been informed that some of our shipments never actually left the shipping dock and are in a "holding pattern" right now. So there are fewer available that we first thought there would be.

We are just waiting for the new owners to get their side of the house organized and then the rest of the orders will be on the way. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately with the sale of Remington, we have been informed that some of our shipments never actually left the shipping dock and are in a "holding pattern" right now. So there are fewer available that we first thought there would be.

We are just waiting for the new owners to get their side of the house organized and then the rest of the orders will be on the way. Hopefully it won't be too long.

So basically what you are saying is I kind of won the lottery scoring one of these first 308's...

This is how cool these little carbines are = how I pack it for hunting in my reg/original height Eberlestock F1 Mainframe (I would like to get their newer taller frame that is now available), J2DB / J3DB Zip-On dry bag, I also have a rifle scabbard that is attached to the frame and is squeezed between the frame and the dry bag the mag is a 5 round P-Mag.

Remember the collapse length is 29" with the 12.5" barrel that would make the 10.5" 223 barrel OAL at 27" shortest Canada legal overall length is 26"

Would you be able to swap the buttstock on these? If you had say (hypothetically) a Magpul PRS stock on a (hypothetical) rifle that you could no longer use due to a certain OIC. Not that I do of course, entirely hypothetical... asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom