Seeking advise on how we should we reply to this customer!

Lol. Yes, they will live the consequences and I doubt t that is of consequence.

If you want to explore English language more fully, explain what part of Intersurplus first post is out of line? What did they do wrong?
There is no personal information, there is no dissing. They asked a question regarding a message they received which does mean they are looking for interpretation. What sin did they commit, einstein?

Reading is a big part of language, if you actually read my post youd get what i was saying. I also said perceived grievance.

You are literally choosing to insult people when youre not involved and now people want to know what business youre associated with.. Its almost like people want to be respected by those they do business with.

I get thats foreign to you. Considering you mentioned threatening violence being the same thing as this you dont exactly have a grasp on english either..

"Yes we have the items in stock, with ***xyz number*** available. We understand your concern about backorders with online sales, please give us a call during regular business hours to confirm stock quantity..." let potential customer know about backorders and what would happen when your out of stock... "As a small business those fees from the processing company for that really hurt our operation"

I understand the frustration about back orders. Client was upfront about the fact he doesn't tolerate back orders, was willing to go through his card company to cancel the order and thus leaving you an unsolicited $20 fee on your card processor account. I understand the frustration with backorders, when you place an order on an item listed on a site you assume it'd be in stock. With the way the firearms industry has been in the last 5 years with supplies I wouldn't want to wait around for the next unknown time an item is in stock.

I wanted to buy some mags from a manufacturer down in states I've ordered from before. I called them up and asked them a few questions and asked about stock levels on the items I wanted. The one item was out of stock, company would put a hold on that portion of the order, when the item came off of backorder they would process payment and ship. I asked for an estimate on how long that would be and they had no timeline for it, it was a piece they manufactured so I was a little confused why they didn't have a date. Frustration was that I was going to place an online order, company didn't specify that they were out of stock online and I would have only found out after the order was placed. I ended up not going ahead with my order because of the backorder.

I feel that the client should pick up the phone and call, that's the best way to communicate on these kind of issues. Big box store order, backorder comes up, I'd say call up the card company and cancel it. But for a small business, every order counts, keeps the lights on for the owner, employees families fed and all that good stuff, adds to the local economy- charges back to the small businesses hurt. I sympathize where the client is coming from and understand that frustration, obviously the guys been burned before on backorders.

After looking at the Intersurplus website there are two things I could recommend. Adding the live number of stock available currently. Adding a note in your FAQs about backorders.

I looked at the 22 hornet brass page, tried adding 100 to my cart, couldn't do it. Tried 50, then 25, then 10 and then worked my way down to 2. Had 2 in the cart, tried adding more, I couldn't.

So there are 2 bags in stock, can't order more, you can't back order is what I'm guessing. If anyone else is looking for 22 hornet get it quick before it's gone!

Most recently, there was an absolutely WILD thread where another retailer grossly misrepresented the facts and then STARTED A POLL on the forum attacking the customer. Some people here, giving the retailer the benefit of the doubt, proceeded to gang up on the customer until the customer came back with photos and receipts.

Seriously, has everyone forgotten already?!

Post the link I wanna laugh

The retailer deleted the poll/thread after it blew up with 10k+ views like this one.

If I recall correctly, it was TNA and they sold the customer a rusted beat-up Garand as "working condition." When the customer contacted TNA for help they said "sorry no refunds or exchanges" and defensively polled CGN asking if they should "stick to their final sale policies" or "bend to customer pressure." Someone can correct me if I'm misremembering.

Many on CGN just blindly sided with TNA. It blew up when the customer posted photos/videos of their $2400 Garand including one where they dropped a bullet into the completely worn-to-#### bore. TNA (reluctantly?) made things right and deleted the thread, but by then so many had seen it.

The retailer deleted the poll/thread after it blew up with 10k+ views like this one.

If I recall correctly, it was TNA and they sold the customer a rusted beat-up Garand as "working condition." When the customer contacted TNA for help they said "sorry no refunds or exchanges" and defensively polled CGN asking if they should "stick to their final sale policies" or "bend to customer pressure." Someone can correct me if I'm misremembering.

Many on CGN just blindly sided with TNA. It blew up when the customer posted photos/videos of their $2400 Garand including one where they dropped a bullet into the completely worn-to-#### bore. TNA (reluctantly?) made things right and deleted the thread, but by then so many had seen it.

Yup, it was TNA and I stupidly was one of the ones that agreed right away as all of my previous dealings with them were good. That thread alone cost them my business and made me give my head a bit of shake. Oh well, much like dating, it's better the red flags show themself earlier than later.

Check your inventory to confirm - and let him know if you have the stock he wants. Sounds like the poor fella has been ####ered around in the past.

Actual email recieved, but this thread is for entretainment only...

''You actually have 22 hornet unprimed brass in stock and can be shipped within a few days?
If so I will place an order.
If I get a message back that this is backordered, I will call the credit card company and cancel the payment. Just being upfront.''

Really not hard to answer. Just be truthful and polite even if he does not order from you this time there is a chance he will be back for something else down the Road.
After all you are in the Service Industry, Customer is King.

Cheers

Actual email recieved, but this thread is for entretainment only...

''You actually have 22 hornet unprimed brass in stock and can be shipped within a few days?
If so I will place an order.
If I get a message back that this is backordered, I will call the credit card company and cancel the payment. Just being upfront.''

Send him some cracker jacks....

Wow, I rarely venture in to the vendor forums, but I’m so glad that I did.

I’m going to assume this is not the reaction InterSurplus was expecting…. Total douche move IMO for what was a reasonable question. The email could have been less abrupt, but it sounds like they’ve been burned before.

Back
Top Bottom