N/R CZ Bren 2 in 7.62x39 W/ TWO Barrels Complete

I'm getting while the getting's good. I have actually already ordered some parts personally to have in my spares box for this rifle. It was just TOO tempting to have a 3 caliber, 5x barrel convertible rifle. 7.62x39 is still reasonably cheap and it's a nice option, I only need 5x mags and another vendor here has those. Between you and me Hugh, I got a box of Hornady 255gr subsonics to mess with. If I can dial in a new regulator to fire those as well then that's cool I think....spit ballin' here.)

There's something else too but I won't say anything about it until I know it works and have tested it.

What other rifle on the Kdn. market can you have these barrels and calibers on one N/R platform ?!

My inventory will be :

R - 11" 5.56 NATO (Factory)
N/R - 18.7" .223 Wylde (Dlask Arms Corp.)
R - 11" 7.62x39 Ukrainian (Factory)
N/R - 18.7" 7.62x39 Ukrainian (Dlask Arms Corp.)
R - 10 " 300 Blackout tuned for supers and subs (D.A.C. Secret Squirrel Works)
ACR, just have to get one off the used market and there are even more options caliber wise.

Sorry, had to go there

Unfortunately it was ahead of its time when the ability to swap calibers wasn't really a thing more than a handful of people looked for.

Not enough pressure to run subs and supers on a short barrel. I am custom turning a shorter gas piston to move the system rearward and once I try that I'll post and let you guys know. Otherwise shooting subs in 7.62x39 may be the only semi auto choice we have.
Oh wow, that sounds complicated. I guess I’ll just hope you have some spare 7.62x39 stuff left over after this whole project…or do a calibre swap with someone.

The ACR is a pretty good platform and also doubles as a boat anchor in a pinch. SOB was just too heavy and not the most ergonomic platform. The 'upgraded' cheese grater handguard from 1998 just sucked but I will say the quick change barrel thing was very good though. And the Magpul buttstock, love those. But then, just like the release of the CZ in The 'States, the barrels and other bolt heads for conversion were unobtanium.

No, for me anyways, the Bren 2 MS is a much lighter, more maneuverable and ergonomically superior platform and with the aluminum lowers from Haga Defence with the ability to use AR triggers / grips and selectors etc. that is the clincher. In Canada we really only benefit from the gun being convertible from .223 to 7.62x39 is our aim. AR-15 ergos and cheap Chinesium ammo is just a bonus.

I see almost everything come and go through here and I think the Bren 2 is as good as it gets until PP unleashes the hounds and makes AR's Great Again ! (and hopefully N/R !!)

Hey there, Just looking at the page for this two barrel kit. Under 'Additional information' the website says this is a 4.5KG rifle, is this correct?

Hey there, Just looking at the page for this two barrel kit. Under 'Additional information' the website says this is a 4.5KG rifle, is this correct?
I would imagine the 4.5kg is total package weight with 2 complete barrels. A 11 inch rifle specs out around 3 kg, the rifle with a 18.6 inch barrel should come in around 3.5 kg without ammo or optics. You can try this barrel weight calculator https://pac-nor.com/barrel-weight-calculator/ to give you a rough idea what the longer barrel should weigh. Going by Leigh's last picture of his proto barrel it looks like a heavy turned to light profile for the last 10 inches or so before muzzle thread. The calculator would suggest around 1.4 kg for just the barrel add a 100 or so grams for gas block and longer piston rod and this would make the 1.5kg difference. 3kg for 11 inch gun + 1.5 kg for the longer barrel, block and piston =4.5kg total

Last edited:

Incorrect. What you are seeing is the SHIPPING weight. Gun, two complete barrels, mag, cleaning kit, owners manual, factory box...

Thanks guys! So I imagine swapping 7.62 barrels is pretty straightforward. But what about switching to a 223 Wylde or 300 Blackout barrel? Is that something that I can do at home with wrenches or does it require precision instruments?

Is a non restricted 300 blackout option in the works for this package? Are there any other third parties that make 18", 300 blackout barrels?

Incorrect. What you are seeing is the SHIPPING weight. Gun, two complete barrels, mag, cleaning kit, owners manual, factory box...

I've exceeded my 2024 budget for firearms this year but I'll be getting one of these beauties on the next drop whenever that will be. Thanks Dlask!

Not very high unless we can hire a few guys to help in the shop. Once this run is done I am moving on to the .223 barrels and then *HOPEFULLY* if nothing else manifests to interfere....shotguns and shotgun barrels.

Awesome news! I've been waiting to buy another barrel. Might as well get your GB, and Trunion. Thanks for all your hard work. You're making a great firearm even better. I for one appreciate it.

Quick Friday afternoon update : Barrels are done save for drilling the gas ports. I will do this on Monday and then start assembling / test firing the rifles. If you have one of these on order I will please ask you to send in the needed information for the 'transfer that totally isn't a transfer' :

-Pictures of BOTH the front and back of your PAL
-A picture of the front of another piece of Politburo issued I/D
-The email address the RCMP have associated with your PAL

Those of you that send this info to : info@dlaskarms.com will have their orders processed first because it's just easier for me. Those I have to chase for the info will be the second batch to go out...lol

Back
Top Bottom