Shorten PAL Approval Times

Well it takes a lot to impress this old guy these day's, my PAL expires in Sept so I thought I better get at it given that there are lot's of threads about it taking 4 - 6 months or more.

Mar 1 - Send via Canada Post Snail Mail
Mar 6 - Received and given Initial approval
Mar 15 - Credit Card charged renewal fee
Mar 23 - PAL issued and mailed - post marked Mar 24
Mar 28 - In my hand this morning.

Fastest turn around time in history for me:

In 2024 it took 27 days
In 2019 it took 94 days
In 2014 it took 108 days

Either they are getting more efficient or they are just taking pity on us old guy's, I'm impressed

Fastest turn around time in history for me

Well that's potentially promising!

I did have to call the 1-800 number to edit some out-of-date info I had provided for one of my references. The gentleman I spoke with at the RCMP was really friendly and helpful, and I didn't have to wait at all to get ahold of someone.

quick question, coming up on my 28 day waiting period. I filled the app online and my references did the approval online also. am I to expect a phone call or interview or will I just receive the pal in the mail?

I assume there should be some info when looking at your application through the website, however I too would like to know.

You should now however, that the 28 days is a minimum.

I assume there should be some info when looking at your application through the website, however I too would like to know.

You should now however, that the 28 days is a minimum.

Good news. I applied for my pal on March 5th. My 28 days was supposed to be April 16 due to the holidays( Easter and good Friday)
Logged into rcmp website today to check status and says my application has been approved and in the mail.
No phone calls, interviews or emails.

I submitted my application on April 21, references complete 2 days later. Approved on day 28 of the waiting period, PAL in hand 1 week after approval (35 days total). The RCMP portal still says application successfully submitted. It's worth a call to the CFO office because the website seems unreliable at best.

I submitted my application on April 21, references complete 2 days later. Approved on day 28 of the waiting period, PAL in hand 1 week after approval (35 days total). The RCMP portal still says application successfully submitted. It's worth a call to the CFO office because the website seems unreliable at best.
The application site is indeed Un-reliable, but the RCMP individual web services site is spot on!

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/chooser-eng.html?ipeReferer=eCFISIWS

Getting references to call-into the CFC is a massive time-saver....:cool:
Why would your refs need to call in with an electronic application - they are issued a web link and password to vouch for you online? Is this tip only for hard copy applications that have been mailed in?

Recently applied and received my PAL/RPAL. Took three months and a call to the Alberta office to get it approved and mailed. My brother and cousin both applied a few days after me and got it almost instantly after the waiting period.

Sent in my application online for PAL/RPAL the last week of July. I’m a BC resident, are people still calling in to check on the status of their applications?

I previously had my PAL for 5 years. I just did course for RPAL and a new application. Was received by the RCMP on Aug 29th. When I checked status online 2 days ago (monday) it was approved and license should be coming within 2 weeks it said. I was shocked at how fast that was for approval, 7 business days. I do figure because of having previous PAL,my new application for RPAL went alot quicker or so I think. Anyone had a similar experience?

Back
Top Bottom