PAL Wait Time

did mine in september .sent it in .everything is all clear with no records ..they told me last week its up to the cfo to clear it ..i said how long and i got this answer;[ they have till september to give u an answer if not than u reapply] to be honest with u.. i dont think they give out pal anymore. my wife had hers in 3 months last year....now this cfo is just a money eating machine when time runs out put more money in it.

to be honest with u.. i dont think they give out pal anymore. my wife had hers in 3 months last year....now this cfo is just a money eating machine when time runs out put more money in it.
Mine only took 5 weeks from the day mailed (standard) to showing up as online as approved. Hopefully have in the mail this week :)

I don't mind the wait. It's the not knowing if it's going to get denied or not that's the tough part. I feel like like I payed for my mistakes and shouldn't have to keep paying for them.. Ill phone them again in a month

Live in Delta, BC. Sent in my application for pal and rpal on May 1, 2013, references and me was interviewed on October 2013 then they dispatched my application to cfo office. Got my license in mail on January 20, 2014. Almost 9 months waiting but finally I got it. SKS and Browning SA-22 will be my baby in a few days. :D

the cfo told me that it can take up to 2 month after being approved for them to make the card and than mail it and another week to get to destination..so u might have to wait a little longer

I got my FAC in mid '90's which expired early 2000's and I did not renew. Recently decided I should revalidate my credentials, but was worried I would have to do courses over. Did some calling to CFC and found the course I did in the '90's was valid still, just had to fill out paperwork, pay the $80 for RPAL and go. Mailed application on nov 26/13, received licence February 10/14. 77 days from the day I dropped it in mail to day card received. They called one reference, did not call me, my second reference or my wife. No criminal record or police issues since last valid licence is probably key, but I was quite happy how simple it was to renew. With the 28 day wait period which applied because it was expired, not too bad overall.

Gotta love BC sent in pal app on 10/28/13 -107 Days and counting called mutiple times and keep getting the run around its supposed to be on his desk for approval and that was over a month ago! Excuse after excuse Why do we pay taxes? CFO OF BC = (CLOWN)

With the 28 day wait, does the application still show up online? or do they just completely ignore the application until after 28 days?

Mine was posted online as received Dec 3 - so my time included the 28 days. Mine was in BC too so who knows what the criteria is for how fast it goes.

With the 28 day wait, does the application still show up online? or do they just completely ignore the application until after 28 days?

Application shows up online when they get around to processing it. 28 days includes when they got it in the mail, so your 28 days can be up by the time they even start processing it.

My gf took her pal befor Christmas took 46 days to get it. My buddy in the same class. Is still waiting on his. It's gotta be luck of the draw. It took me 90 days I phoned every week.

I waited 3 1/2 months call them get you application number give it to your references and tell them to call in. Thats what the cfo told me it got approved a week after that

Just to Add to the thread for continuity, i applied for PAL AND RPAL, took 60 days for approval ie. my card has been printed but not yet received in the mail(that was today) I wasnt required to have an interview but they did interview one of my references because he happened to be stood next to me when i called to see what my app status was.

Holy crap, I think I mentioned this in another thread. I sent my Renewal in awile back and its been over 50 days and still counting.. What province are u in? Have u tried calling?

Back
Top Bottom