VZ58 in 7.62x51 is possible if there is enough interest.

I'm sure with whatever price they settle on being, all 1000 rifles will get sold one way or another so I don't see why CSA should be overly cautious on building these beauties.

The guns reputation was built on the Russian round, other versions just won't work aswell or get the same support. Should have listened to Mr. Wolverine, but bought the .223 version, nothing but problems withe the plastic mags, the plastic mag adapter and the bolt. So bad i traded it in for half of what I paid. Stick with the original or buy something else in the other caliber.

Too true, the 7.62x51 version would have minimal support though I'm sure CSA wouldn't slap together a firearm with greater recoil than its original version with new plastic parts. I already own a 58 in 7.62x39 and I'm willing to give support to something that could be a great additon to the Canadian market as far as semi-autos in this caliber go.

Without proper engineering to update all of the working parts, I don't predict this working too well.

The 7.62x51 round has just over 1000 ft/lbs more energy at the muzzle. Much higher chamber pressures as well. Thats a lot more energy for the frame and moving parts to absorb. I love the idea but I just dont see anything but a significant change in design required to make it work. The negative effects of just small changes from the conversion to .223 is proof enough not to frack with a good thing!

That said having a 7lb. .308 semi would be sweet....and hard on the shoulder.... :)

Why not simply abandon the .308win idea and go with 12gauge?
Even south of the border, not everyone wants a Saiga.

This would be interesting.

I have a big question. If this gun was designed to accept a mag from a bolt action rifle such as a savage model 10 BA which holds 10 rounds of .308 cal would this be legal to use in this semi auto. ??? Bolt actions are unregulated on magazine size. Be similar to the LAR 15 rule.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20110323-72-eng.htm

+1 forget the handgun, need bolt gun that holds 20 round mags that are mysteriously compatable with the M14. Like the Beowulf God-send...

Kind of off-topic but since we're talking R&D and market demand!

Im in for .308 vz58 and I wanna know more about the 12gauge version. I think these version will be a big update in our country. A lot of people will be happy.

i'd wait to see whats going on politically.... lest you be blamed as the "evil gun lobby" skirting the "law's intention" by using "loopholes" to bring in AK47 varriants (or CZ858 varriants if still prohibited) blah blah blah insert propaganda here
public safety

women and children

gun owners eat babies

Back
Top Bottom