Prohibited crossbow?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75730

I thought crossbows that can be fired with one hand were prohibited? Is this crossbow legal?

No your misunderstanding the law. By what your saying ALL crossbows would be prohib as I could likely fire any of the, single handed

looking at the link you provided, kinda looks like a "handgun" style crossbow. maybe thats why? i could be wrong though. canadian laws.... we all know how joyfull they are.

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75730

I thought crossbows that can be fired with one hand were prohibited? Is this crossbow legal?
A5. Crossbows that can be aimed and fired with one hand and crossbows with an overall length of 500 mm or less are prohibited. You cannot lawfully possess or acquire a prohibited crossbow.
You do not need a valid licence or registration certificate to possess any other type of bow, including a crossbow that is longer than 500 mm and that requires the use of both hands. Criminal Code provisions making it an offence to acquire a crossbow without a valid licence were never brought into force.

from this page ht tp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a4a

I have one that is all legit and legal and can be aimed and fired with one hand,I can fire my sks with one hand so not sure what thats about..they probly meant something more along the size of a pistol..500mm is shortest allowed,shorter = prohibited..

I bought one just recently. Only thing I've shot so far is a box of newspapers. Don't think I'll be taking this hunting. Not exactly a toy but stopping power just isn't there.

Well, Marstar does market (and seems licensed for) prohib firearms, would not a prohib crossbow be a legitimate purchase by someone with a prohib endorsement on their PAL? (Mine says non-restricted and restricted, never seen a grandfathered prohib license).

FIREFALCON115;
"I thought crossbows that can be fired with one hand were prohibited? Is this crossbow legal? "

And we were trying to keep this a secret, just you, Marstar and the 1000s of people on this board....

Don't worry, everybody has checked them out, Provincial, Federal, the authorities have responded to the many "tips" received and checked them out , THEY ARE LEGAL.

We have sold about a thousand of these, people love them....

John

JUSTER;
"I have to wonder about the thought processes behind asking if something Marstar is selling is prohib? Why not just call the OPP and get them to arrest John? "

Don't worry, someone already did, however much to the disappointment of that person the crossbows were deemed legal....

Thank you for your interest and understanding
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom